23: What a Wiener

Chapter 23: What a Wiener

Luna*

I opened my mouth to say the line but Mr. Willock stopped me,

"Stop! Wait!"

I did as he said with confused resemblance on my face along with every student in the room.

"We need the landscape on the scene, balcony, plants, street!" He expressed excitedly.

We were reading out act 1 scene 5 when Maria finds Tony walking down her street.

"We need to start on that," he grabbed a piece of paper and a pen then started scribbling furiously on the paper, "I need the lighting crew, sound system, props committee,"

Amazing, I'm saved from acting by some props.

Our teacher wandered around the stage pointing out several objects and things as Ace and I stood on the spotlighted stage, dumbfounded.

What do we do, I mouthed do him.

Go eat, He mouthed back.

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face.

"And that's set!" Mr. Willock confirmed, "Thank you kids for volunteering but we need to get other things started, we will use you again next time."

Next time?

That sucks.

I shrugged and jumped off the stage then jogged back to my seat while Ace did the same.

"Aww dammit," Bee smirked, "I wanted to see that."

"Better luck next time..I mean never." I correct myself.

In the corner of my eye, I see Raven pout and turn off her camera. Haha thanks Mr. Willock.

"Okay, I need to start with cast," our teacher scans the room, "who actually wants to act?"

Most people put their hands up, my group, who had their hands raised, exchanged looks when I sat on my non raised hand. Bee sighed and forcefully pulled it from underneath me and put it in the air.

"Hey!" I hissed when the drama teacher counted my hand.

She shrugged, "My hand just slipped and I had to pull it back up."

"Sure."

I returned to moping in my flip seat.

"So for those of you who do not wish to perform will be working on set design along with the drama company who have graciously decided to help," Mr. Willock gestured to some of the backgrounds that students have made.

"And since we only have one Friday every week till the performance which is a couple of weeks before homecoming, pupils who are not focusing, not helping or decide to skip will be partaking in lunch time to make up for it." He turned his stern side on, "We have one year to do this, let's make it count."

Everyone started splitting into 2 groups on the side on the stage.

Since I did not pay a single ounce of attention, I decided to follow one of the smart students to the left side of the stage.

"What do you think your doing?" Lucas grabbed my arm just as I got there to walk me backwards to the other side.

"I honestly have no idea." I answered.

"Your on the acting side, Princess." He laughed at my stupidness.

I shoved him on the chest for laughing at me.