1006

See note at the end please~ for zack? XD
---

Ivan's POV

"Excuse me, where is the Class 3-Jade?" a girl with short layered brown hair suddenly approached me and Max. We have just entered the school and Max lowered his arms from my shoulder to my waist. He embraced me and pulled me closer to his side.

It irked me that he's treating me like a little sister to protect. I tried to remove his hands but he only tightened his embrace more, stared at me with mirth in his eyes.

My attention turned to the girl. She had short almost pixie cut hair and droopy blue eyes. Despite her lazy look, she had this gentle smile on her face that basically screamed "I'm friendly!" at me.

'Z, is she April?' I quickly asked Zack. We're not in the same school as him eversince I graduated elementary. That's why we don't see each other often anymore. Even at home because André's dad doesn't let him go out too much and didn't make mom babysit him again. Plus, Max is always at our house and would always invite me to go out with him.

But I could talk to him telepathically, so it's fine. Even if it's a bit lonely.

[Yep! Be careful, Ivy!]

'Thanks.'

"Hi! We're in 3-Jade too, you can come with us." I cheerfully answered her with a smile. Max's grip on my waist tightened and I can feel him glaring. He's been like this for the past two years and so, I'm already used to it.

I know I look feminine, but I'm not your fragile little sister to protect!

I tried to tell him this before, but of course, he won't listen. So stubborn.

April smiles at my answer, "Thanks, I hope I don't bother you." Looks like she's nice to people who's nice to her. Doesn't look like a Yakuza girl to me.

Her gaze turns to Max's arm on my waist, her smile grew wide.

[Oh, a fellow rotten!]

'Rotten? You're decayed?'

[More like corrupted with beautiful love~]

'I don't get it.'

[Just do what you're doing and don't mind us~]

I really don't get it.

"I'm April Nakamoto. You are?" her smile turned into a grin as she placed her hand in front of her for me to shake. I accepted it and said, "Adrian. Adrian Ford." pretending I didn't know her name until now.

Somehow, Max's arm on my waist impossibly tightened more. He gently pulled my hand from handshaking April's. I turn my head to look at him and saw him glaring at April.

Ugh, he's glaring at people again. He has been for the past few years. Is this even normal for the protagonist to act like?!

[Originally, no. After occurences that I can't mention happened, changes in the world and it's characters are inevitable. Congratulations!]

'Why are you congratulating me, if change happens then I don't know what will happen in this world anymore!'

[It's fine Ivy, you're doing a great job~]

I wonder if Zack's childish attitude came from being just born about two and a half year ago or because of his current body. Sigh.

"Back off. Don't get too close." Max sternly to April. I thought they were supposed to be friends?