Hints and Clues

The rain poured over the classroom windows as Evie sat down at her desk, letting the students talk amongst themselves while she entered the grades in to the grade book. She watched the young teens talk and work together, gossip, and she scanned across the kids who had their headphones in.

When she first started working, it took a little bit of time to get the kids settled down. For weeks the kids would never listen to her, because she was a substitute and it made it worse that she was so close to their age.

But once they realized that she lets them to whatever they want just as long as they work, they chilled out a little bit with her. Some warmed up to her than most, and some recognized her from following the neighborhood friendly Spiderman.

She noticed that the students were starting to pack up their things, putting their clean sheets of paper back into their folders. In which they stuffed into their book bags, to take to lunch.

"Hey guys, I know it's raining outside so if you guys don't want to go outside or stay in the cafeteria feel welcome to come in here and hang out, and no I won't mind if you're on your phone." She announced to the teenagers, some of them nodded their heads at her and some just continued on their conversations until the bell rang.

She watched her students file out of the classroom, excited for the forty five minute break they have and she leaned back in her chair taking a deep breath. Evie tucked her hair behind her ears and used the arms of the chair to push herself up.

She grasped the lanyard full of keys and draped them around her neck and the keys fell against her rose colored sweater. Her steps echoed in her empty room, while she went through the door in the back of the class that led to a secret hallway.

She grasped the colored key, and unlocked the door swiftly. The walls were beige and the linoleum tiles reflected off of the lights above them, it was also very silent.

Evie cleared her throat quickly, making her way towards the teachers room where her small packaged lunch sat in the refrigerator. She could already hear the slight murmur of chatter coming from the lounge.

Her palms pressed up against the door, pushing it open, being smiled at by her colleagues. She swiftly made her way to the refrigerator, saying polite "excuse me's" when passing by a crammed spot. Her hands gripped the small blush toned baggie she had packed her lunch in and she shut the door to the fridge.

She could over hear her coworkers talking about their classes and how they were going. Apparently some students started a quarrel in class that did not end beautifully, but Evie was not there long to hear what happened to the boy and girl.

She made her way back into her room, sighing once she got to sit back down at her desk leaving her bag next to her computer.

Once she had finally started to relax, an abrupt knock on her door jolted her nerves a little bit and she groaned a little bit. She pushed herself off of the chair once more and began to walk hurriedly to the door and swung it open gripping the metal handle.

Paddy gazed up at her, with a few of his friends standing behind him. Paddy unfortunately wasn't in Evie's class, as he was just one year below who she was teaching.

"Hi Evie, is it alright if we eat lunch in here? The cafeteria is loaded since no one can sit outside."

Evie grinned and nodded her head excitedly, welcoming the four boys into the room. She dusted her hands against her pants, shutting the door behind the boys.

"Glad it's Friday?" She asked and Paddy nodded his head frantically.

"Very, this week has been going by so freaking slow. My god." The boy whined, slouching into one of the desks next to his blonde friend.