Arc 1.4

Author's Note:

Okay, freaking long chapter, around 9500 words to be exact, so you're welcome. °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

Things are going to be heating up preeetty soon~  d(*ゝωб*)

Trigger warning: Bullying and Slight molesting involved (spoilers!)

...--------...

It was right after school that Alex then realizes she had forgotten to read the information in pertaining towards the original owner of her new body. The rest of the day ended without much fanfare—sure Wen Zhegang tried to haggle her a few times during class, but that was only one class period and Alex is not the type to let one person ruin her entire day so everything else was pretty much smooth sailing from there. She had just escorted Bai Yang to the station so that he could get back home and was just on her way back to Chang Hui's place until she realized that she doesn't know where she is supposed to live.

'Hey Sys, can I get the information on Chang Hui now? I forgot to look it over,' Alex asks, wondering how she's going to read it in the first place considering that the notebook she has originally used to read this world's information packet is filled with notes from her history class, but she didn't really expect an answer from her companion. Since third period until now, when the System has finally given up on convincing its Host to change her mind, Sisay has been sulking for the entire day, barely responding to any of Alex's inquiries to the point that they're just not on speaking terms anymore.

Honestly, it makes her feel a little anxious due to how quiet Sisay is. They have been talking non-stop to each other ever since she died in her last world, so the silence in her head is very unnerving, but Alex is still unwilling to give Wang Wei a chance even if it meant being coldly treated by Sisay for the rest of her time here. Her stubbornness is one of her worse and best traits.

Either way, after five minutes of silence, Alex just shrugs and starts heading towards a random direction, hoping that her new body has some kind of homing device that would lead her back to wherever Chang Hui's place is. But as soon as she starts walking down the street, a screen pops up in front of her face, making her blink in astonishment before grinning. She stops near the side of the street and looks over the floating screen.

Ah, the famous invisible, tactile, screen display. Not really caring for the fact that she's out in the open, Alex starts scrolling through the information with her hand, her other covering her mouth with a contemplating expression on her face.

So far that she had read, the original Chang Hui had nothing to do with this world's main story plot. She had never supported any of the characters, or interfered with them, or even interacted with them. Suffice to say, Chang Hui is a mob character and a very insignificant one at that. Rather, she was never supposed to be in the line of sight for any of the characters, including Bai Yang and Chao Heng (though she would be happy to be able to avoid Chao Heng for as long as she likes. That guy just know how to automatically irritate her).

Of course, that was before Alex had decided discretion took the backburner to adoring her adorable and flustered Bai Yang. Honestly, how can anyone look at her cinnamon bun and not want to rub their cheeks against his soft hair?

Regardless, despite how ordinary and unimportant Chang Hui is supposed to be, her history is nothing to slouch over.

When Chang Hui was seven, her parents died in a fire that was caused by a gas leak in their office building, only leaving her with the family's inheritance and her parent's life insurance. Orphaned, she was shoved into the care of her relatives, who greedily eyed the fortune left by her parents. Over the years, they (mostly her Aunt Cao) had been secretly embezzling Chang Hui's inheritance and tricked her into giving them all the money she got from the life insurance. A kid not even past ten and grieving for her lost parents: Chang Hui had no chance against her scheming and shameless relatives. And once they had full claim to her inheritance and used all of her parent's life insurance for their own selfish desires, her aunt kicked her out into the streets, claiming that she was a waste of space and an unwanted extra mouth.