13. Research

"Yoongi?"

"Huh?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"You just did."

I roll my eyes; I should have seen that one coming.

With all that has happened over the last week, my mind has become one big pile of mush. With a ghost problem on one hand, Namjoon on the other and one big ass pile of school work in-between, I needed to take a break. A break from everything: studying, my dying relationship, my ghost friend.

Yoongi is the best person to take a break with, by far. Unlike Hobi or Jimin, Yoongi won't ask me too many questions. He won't ask about Namjoon, not unless I volunteer specific information on my own. And even then, he would probably change the topic in a minute or two.

With Yoongi, even silence is comfortable. However, silence is one of the things I need to avoid now. Silence is giving me enough time to think and overthink pretty much everything, and having time to do that is just as destructive as every other problem I have in life.

"What would you think if I told you I can see a ghost?"

"Huh?" he turns to give me a weird look; with both of our heads hanging from the edge of the bed, starting at the world upside-down, he looks even more confused than his usually "I'm confused" look.

"I can see a ghost," I tell him, finally letting it all out. It feels like a breath of fresh air in a crowded nightclub full of smoke, people and smell of sweat, sex and alcohol. Saying it out loud is a relief like no other. "I can literally see a fucking ghost. I can touch him too. He... well, he technically lives at our place. His name is Jungkook. He's actually not fully dead but in a coma and he likes rock music and Iron Man. I want to bring him back to life but so far, it's been proven useless."

I give him a moment to process all the information that I just served. Even Yoongi, who has been as cool as a cucumber pretty much since the day he slid out of his mother's womb, is not cool enough to handle this without having a second to actually register everything.

"Huh," he mumbles. "Cool story."

The one time I try to be honest, this happens.

I should go back to being a fucking liar, it suits me better.

....

HOW TO BRING SOMEONE BACK FROM THE DEAD

Google can save lives. Google is not saving my life and it sure as hell isn't saving Jungkook's.

How Scientists Are Bringing People Back From The Dead

How To Make Potion To Bring Someone Back From The Dead ...

How To Bring A Loved One Back From The Dead.

Why can't we bring the dead back to life? – Quora

10 Reasons Not to Bring Someone Back from the Dead - io9 – Gizmodo

How to Bring a Dead Sim Back to Life in The Sims 3 | LevelSkip

How To Bring Someone Back From The Dead | Articles | NewSpring

BBC - Future - Will we ever bring the dead back to life?

Resurrected: A Controversial Trial to Bring the Dead Back to Life ...