His Shooting Star

They say if you wish on a shooting star you'll get what you wished for in three days time. For Jungkook, that was the one legend that kept him going. Every night the young boy would step outside, praying to see one, yet one would never cross his path. He would stay outside until dawn, barely getting sleep just because he wanted to wish on one.

"Just one star, please... I only need one wish" Jungkook pleaded silently, staring at the stars above him, like if he looked away they would all just disappear

It was exactly 12:30 when he finally saw the shinning light pass overhead. He smiled brightly and made a quick wish,

"I wish for someone to love me for me, they can be quirky, they can be cheerful, I don't care as long as we can have a long relationship and get married one day" Jungkook whispered

He smiled to himself one more time before going back inside his house and up to his room. Jungkook climbed into bed, and fell asleep almost immediately. Little did he know how interesting tomorrow was going to be.

***

Jungkook's alarm woke him up the same time it always did, 6:25 exactly. Being in High school meant early wake up times, something the boy wasn't really happy about.

Jungkook got out of bed, quickly changing into his uniform and running a comb through his hair before heading downstairs.

"Jungkook you need to hurry, the bus is coming soon" his mother nagged as he sat at the table

"I know, I know" Jungkook replied, biting into the pop-tart he'd taken from the pantry on his way to the table

"Hurry go brush your teeth!!" Jungkook's mother scolded and took the half eaten pop-tart from her son

Jungkook groaned but none-the-less went back upstairs to brush his teeth and wash his face. It was 6:45 by the time he came back down, reason being he was texting his friends and lost track of time.

"Jeon Jungkook!! The bus is here!!" Jungkook's mother yelled

"I'm coming!!" Jungkook said running outside and getting on the bus.

He walked down the ile sitting right next to his best friend Hoseok. The older boy had his earbuds in and was fast asleep. As soon and Jungkook sat down, Hoseok opened his eyes and smiled at him.

"Hey Kookie" he said in a husky morning voice

Jungkook mumbled a quiet 'hello' before sticking his own earbuds in and leaning back. His head fell heavily onto Hoseok's shoulder and he drifted into a deep sleep.

***

"Kookie we're at school, wake up" 

Hoseok's slightly raspy voice snapped the younger out of his sleep. Jungkook rubbed his eyes and stood from his bus seat, stumbling out of the bus and into the school yard. As usual the young boy walked with Hoseok until they had reached the front door's of the school in which they always went their separate ways. Jungkook waved goodbye to his friend and headed the library like usual. As he walked inside the quiet place he waved to the librarian, an old kind woman who was always nice to him. Then he went to sit down at his usual table, taking out his unfinished homework and began to work.

It was about 5 minutes before the bell would ring for his first class to start, not that he or his teacher cared, he skipped everyday and she didn't mind because he was smart enough to do the work on his own. Then out of nowhere a boy sat in front of him. Jungkook looked up as the unknown boy dropped his notebook and pencil bag on the table, making a loud thump echo around the quiet basically deserted room.

"Hi!!" the boy said, flashing Jungkook a boxy smile

Jungkook was a bit shy, just he had always been. All he did was wave, and the boy just smiled wider. Jungkook went back to his work, noticing that the boy did the same. After a little bit Jungkook looked up at the new boy, taking in his features. A perfect jawline, tan milky skin,  dark brown eyes, and a perfect mouth. Jungkook realized he was staring and went back to his work, he heard the boy chuckle. It was low and deep, sending shivers up Jungkoook's spine, and making a pink blush sprout onto his cheeks.