/ / 7. THE 1975 / /

Ellie couldn't believe her luck, sitting in the back of the darkened lounge as she watched the guys set up the stage. The room was crowded, more than she imagined it would be. Teenagers and young folks in their twenties laughing and talking among one another. She looked at her phone repetitively, waiting for Andrew's call. She actually preferred if he were there, just so she wouldn't look like such a loner... and more so, to see that look on Matty's face again when he saw that she didn't really care to have him around or not, because she had a boyfriend anyway.

The uncomfortable stares between her and Matty made her want to leave. He hadn't said a word to her at all, not a hi or a bye. Not even a smile, and neither had she. Why should she?

Alex came and took a seat across from her, dollying up his quiff in his reflection from the window behind her. Ellie sighed, "your hair is fine."

"Is it really? I mean because Alyssa's coming. I don't care or anything, I just want to look good. You know, to show her that she left a really good looking guy, whoever she's dating now can't possibly be better than me." He explained.

Ellie shrugged, nonchalantly, "you obviously care if you're still trying to impress her."

"Impress? No, make her livid with herself."

"For leaving you?"

"She didn't leave me, I left her." He snapped, Ellie smirked at how worked up he could get over this Alyssa girl. "Anyway, where's Andrew?"

"He's not picking up... suppose he's cheating on me." She laughed sarcastically, defeating the pain inside. She couldn't even trust him, she hated to have to worry just because he wouldn't answer the phone...when no one else's relationship was like that.

"Hey, call Holly, that's two more eyes for the crowd." Alex shrugged.

Ellie went through the contacts of her phone and dialed Holly's number. Several rings through she finally answered.

"What?"

"Eh...hello?" Ellie laughed, "what's wrong wit you?"

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? You haven't responded to any of my texts in days, answered your phone, or anything. I suppose you're too busy with your older friends now, right?"

"Holly...no, I was just a bit busy-"

"Fuck off." There was a silence as the other line hung up.

Ellie looked at her phone and back up at her brother, who's eyes were too busy fixed on Alyssa who had just walked through the door. She had long blonde hair that naturally waved on its own. She had a beautiful smile, and the bluest eyes. She always wore short skirts, shorts and dresses...as she was tonight in a black lace dress.

Ellie secretly envied her beauty, she always wanted to be just like her. In the past she'd overheard all the guys commenting on how hot she was from the garage when she'd leave...she too was always stoned, though tonight it was hard to tell.

"How's everybody doing tonight?!" Matty approached the microphone as he adjusted his guitar strap, "glad to see you, we really didn't expect this many people, did we?" He turned to the others.

"Not at all." George's deep voice spoke into the mike of his own.

Ellie couldn't help but smile, she hated it.

"Alright so, we are The 1975, and this song is Robbers."

Everyone cheered, Ellie knew the song word for word, having been present to their rehearsals before with Alex. She loved it, yet hated it at the same time for the fact that Alyssa fit the first lines of it. She looked over at her as she took a seat beside Alex, watching the two get on.