Killer x reader

It'd been a relatively awful day compared to usual. You know how it goes, your shoe is untied, you have to stop to get gas when you thought you had enough, you found your boyfriend of three years fucking a girl.

It was great, really. You stormed out with tears brimming from your eyes, and it seemed you weren't the only one crying. Sprinkling rain turned into pouring rain, and as you drove to nowhere in particular, you could barely see in front of you.

The whole 'to nowhere' part was pretty important, because you had no clue where you were. You parked your car alongside the sidewalk somewhere and opened maps on your phone, but as it was loading, it shut off. Dead.

You tried to start up the car again, but it just wouldn't. You looked around to see if you could make out any buildings or such, but you could hardly see a few inches in front of you, the rain and fog too much.

You let out an enraged grunt and flipped off the sky. "Fucking rain," you muttered to yourself, attitude rapidly declining.

For a moment, you thought you saw beams of light from a light pole, but you couldn't tell. You glanced at your red fox charm dangling from the rear view mirror. Greys just mixed in with each other, but the pop of colour was nice to see, and despite red being a colour that's supposed to offer aggression, it calmed you.

You crawled into the backseat, laid down the best you could on your side, and let your mind drift away, the raindrops' dances on the car's roof lulling you to sleep.

Your mind barely registered the tapping as you slowly brought yourself back to consciousness, marking it off as the rain. Your eyelids fluttered open, finding the roof of your car. Yawning, you sat up and stretched out your arms.

It took you a few seconds for your mind to process everything and quickly rushed to roll the window down. The man, who'd been knocking on your window, seemed like he'd been knocking for a while.

"Hello?" you said, more of a question than a statement. Your eyes automatically lifted to the man's bright red hair, kept out of his face by goggles.

"What're you doing?" he asked, his gruff voice rough and impatient.

"Er... Waking up? Where am I?" you said, just realising you could see around you, finding you're in a neighbourhood. As your eyes wandered, they latched onto your red fox charm then back onto his hair.

"Answer my question, wouldja? And to answer yours, you're parked in front of my house. And I'd like to know why," he said, an seemingly unreasonable menace lacing his words.

"Well, it was raining, really bad, and I couldn't see where I was going," you recalled, thinking about the whole chain of events, "and I parked to try to figure out where the hell I was, then my car wouldn't start, and since it was raining, I had to sleep in here."

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Why the hell were you driving in that weather, dumbass," he said, more to insult than to receive an answer. "And quit staring at my hair, ever see a ginger before?"

You rolled your eyes. "First, I didn't start when it was pouring, it started raining that heavy while I was driving. And second, I didn't meant to. Sorry, it's just that—" you paused.

"What?"

"Nothing."

There was a moment of awkward silence.

He was the first to break it. "Kid."

"Are you calling me a kid? I know it was a reckless thing to keep driving as it got heavier, but c'mon. I'm 24."

"No, why would I—No. My name is Kid. Eustass Kid, I just realised I didn't give my name before. Jesus fucking Christ, woman," he snapped.

"(Y/N). That's mind. And as much as I simply love chatting like this, I need a phone charger, you think you can help?"