26: No Attachments

A/N: Thank you so much tIegreatcrashandburn for the super cute cover! xx

***
Chapter 26: No Attachments

Luna*

Ace Crawford is sitting on my lap.

Ace freaking Crawford is sitting on my lap!

Well this is a much different situation than I'd hoped.

"Got your Chicken-Nugget filled butt off me!" I squirmed underneath his weight.

My classmates gave us suspicious stares when my friends came into the room.

"Woo Luna!" Dean cheered, "Get some!"

I flipped him off as I continued to try and push Ace off of my lap.

Key word: try.

"That was mean," Ace has a funny look on his face, "I think I might have to teach you a lesson."

"Wait, no, no plea-"

Ace laid back into the chair, cutting me off while my face squished against his back.

"Mfmfrph, mfrtms mphs!" That was what it sounded like but it meant to say, "Nugget, move off!"

I pounded his back in an attempt to move him just an inch. It didn't work.

I resorted to fake passing out.

My hands fell from his back to my sides as I held my breath and fell still.

"Oh shit," Ace was quick to move off me, "Is she dead?"

I stayed still with my eyes closed and holding my breath.

I could feel him and other students move closer and he poked my cheek to see my reaction.

"Psych!" I shouted.

Every single student in the room jumped back and I think one person fell over.

Plus, Ace's face was just so funny.

I burst out laughing and almost rolling off my chair. Soon everyone else did too.

"You..you were..so scared," I said breathlessly.

"Well duh! I thought you were dead!" Ace proclaimed.

The door flung open and the Vice Principal strutted in with her heels clicking on the floor.

Students scrambled to their seats except for Ace who took all the time he needed to get to a seat that was right next to him.

"What are you doing on the floor? Up, up to your seat now!" She demanded to the poor teen who was literally dragging himself to the seat.

I didn't know she taught History.

"Today we will be learning about one of the most tragic events," She got straight to the point, "The 9/11."

"This was a  series of four coordinated terrorist attacks by the  terrorist group al-Qaeda on the United States on the morning of Wednesday, September 11, 2001." She showed the information and images on the board monitor at the front of the room on a PowerPoint.

"Actually it was the Tuesday morning, not Wednesday." I told her.

She gave me an death glare, "Of course you would know that."

"I'm surprised that you didn't." I shot back.

My classmates 'oooh'ed then VP Turns gave them one look which silenced them all.