𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER NINETEEN( bad blood, part ii )

CHAPTER NINETEEN
( bad blood, part ii )

Alec had never seen Jax look so serious. And if he didn't purposefully dragged him away, he wouldn't want to see what the werewolf would've done to Jace's face. All because he locked lips with the red head.

So to take his mind a thousand and one ways to murder Jace, Alec decided to finally introduce Jax to his little brother, Max. He knew that it probably wasn't the best idea to put an upset werewold and a little boy in a room together but once Alec told him all about Max, the once glaring and scowling werewolf now wore a happy grin on his face at the thought of meeting the younger Lightwood.

Jax was exceptionally great when it comes to kids. His mother was a nurse at a children's hospital and sometimes he would stop by, just to spend time with the children there. The kids loved him as well. Jax never failed to put a smile on their faces as he made jokes and told them funny stories about his life.

He could only hope that Max liked him as well. He already got one Lightwood that hates his guts, he doesn't need another one.

They found the boy in his room, sitting cross legged on the bed, one hand flipping the pages of a ridiculously big book while the other was propping up half of his face, a slight pout on his face. Jax wondered why a little boy like him would be locked up in his room reading when he obviously would like to be anywhere but there.

Alec knocked softly on the door, getting the little boy's attention. "Max, I would like you to meet a friend of mine," Alec said as he stepped into the room. At first Jax stayed put on the door frame, but when Alec looked back at him with a raised eyeberow, he quickly walked inside the room. "This is Jax. Max meet Jax, Jax meet my brother Max," Alec said. Jax just grinned and waved his arm adorably.

Max put down his book, seemingly relieved to finally get an excuse not to read it anymore.

The little boy tilted his head curiously at Jax before turning to his brother, "So this is the boy you've been talking so much to Izzy about?"

Alec's eyes went wide. That was one thing he didn't expect his brother to say. Damn Izzy for blabbering about his problems to Max. While the werewolf looked amused, the raven haired Shadowhunter shook his head repeatedly in reply. "Nope. You must've heard wrong," he stated sternly, hoping that his brother got the message.

He did not.

"No, I think I got it right-"

Alec cleared his throat, his eyes begging his brother to stop talking. "Can we talk about something else please?" Alec asked desperately, shifting uncomfortably and avoiding looking Jax's in the face.