Chapter 5

The school bell rings, you and Namjoon stand up in unison.
"Guess that's our cue." He says, then opens the door for you.
"New issue of the school paper! Read all about it!" A kid chanted, your typical news paper distributor. Probably from the theatre department.
"Today's issue is about the innocent new girl and Namjoon the school's per..." his voice crumbles as he sees you and Namjoon walking up to him. A blank expression on your face, you grab a paper from his hand; masking your fear and disgust.

IS THE NEW GIRL
DATING NAMJOON
THE SCHOOL's PERVERT?!

There was a photo from earlier when you and Namjoon were walking in the halls together.

"This is what you call.. 'a good read'? Are we entertaining to you??" You ask in disbelief, facing the newspaper guy. You turn to face everybody else in the cafeteria. "You find torturing other people's lives with rumours fun? Get a life, you pathetic bitches!" you say, beginning to sarcastically stifle a laugh, "Oh..now this is gonna be in the paper too, isn't it? 'Innocent New Girl Swears in Public!'. Can't wait!" You roll your eyes then start walking away. Namjoon follows behind you.

"If only I had your confidence." He says, walking by your side.
"I mean, thanks but i'm shitting my pants right now." you say, you both laugh."I just really needed to say that to them.. someone. How fucking stupid is the school paper, right? It gets on my nerves. You don't need to thank me."
"Well, thanks anyways. They might stop now that you're pissed off! That kid looked like he was about to cry." Namjoon says.
"I doubt it. They'll never stop. We're too interesting, I guess." You say.
"Yeah, interesting." Namjoon chuckles.

"We need a plan." Namjoon says.
"A plan?" You ask.
"Yeah, we could think of something to do to make them stop."
"Like, blackmail?" You smirk.
"Possibly..." Namjoon smirks too, you both burst into laughter by your odd expressions.
"We sound like villains from those kids movies." You both continue laughing.
"Wanna come to my house after school and plan?" You suggest. "Really?" Namjoon asks.
"I mean, sure! Why not?"
"I'm not really used to being invited to parties and stuff." Namjoon says, a sheepish smile on his face.

How I love dimples....

"This isn't a party, it's just...fun! And planning. You know, hanging out as friends." You say.
"Okay, cool."
"Walk home with me? My house is about 5 minutes away." You say.
"Sure." Namjoon smiles.

After School

You walk into your house with Namjoon and put down your backpack.

"Hi, honey- woah, woah, woah!"
Your mom starts. She clears her throat.
"Who is this?" Your mom smiles at Namjoon, who smiles back at your mom.
"Mom, this is Namjoon, my friend." You say, praying she doesn't make this into an awkward situation where she starts making suggestive jokes or interrogating the shit out of him.

A look of relief spreads across your mom's face at the word, 'friend'.
"Hello, Namjoon."
"Good Afternoon, Mrs Jung." Namjoon says then walks towards your mom, he extends a hand. Your mom shakes it.
Namjoon steps back to where you stand and bows.
"You can call me Marcy."
"Namjoon and I will be upstairs, mom."
"Okay, hun."

You and Namjoon begin walking up the stairs. You look back at your mom who has an impressed expression splayed on her face.

Success.