06.

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐

CHAPTER SIX; 06

         "Excuse me, where do you think you're going?" 

        Sage raised her eyebrows, arms crossed as she stared at Derek. He was halfway out the door, but his whole body froze up when he heard Sage speak. She slowly walked forward on the heels of her boots, creating a small clacking sound on the hardwood floors. Derek sighed before turning around, staring down at the short teenager. 

        "Scott and I are going to look for the alpha," Derek said, shifting on his feet. He felt like he was being interrogated by his mother, especially when Sage was glaring at him like she was his mother. 

        "I'm coming with you."

        Derek snorted, turning around to leave again. "No, you're not." 

        "Yes, I am," Sage disagreed. She stepped forward, grabbing a hold of his bicep as she forced him to turn around. "I'm getting tired of you running off on your little solo career. You've already been shot, Derek, and I really don't want to see the alpha shove his claws into your chest and mutilate my body just because you think you can run around being some bad-ass superwolf. So, yes. I'm coming." 

        Derek's jaw visibly tightened, and Sage believed for a second he was actually going to say no once again, but when he dug into his jeans and pulled out the keys to the camaro, she knew she won. "Meet us at the school." 

        "Love you," Sage grinned, walking past Derek. 

        She had only gotten to the porch when the back of her neck began to burn, and she let out a small cry, alerting Derek straightaway. He appeared at her side, raising up her hair while she tried her hardest not to claw at the wound. She already knew that there were small, penetrated claw marks, they randomly appeared on her body the day Derek got shot. 

        "What is this? Sage, what is this?" Derek hissed into her ear. She shrugged him away from her body, and then moved her shoulders awkwardly to try and dwindle the pain.

        When her hand connected to the back of her neck, she choked out in surprise. "I need to go. Something's wrong with Jackson." 

        She quickly jogged down the porch steps and towards Derek's car, slamming the door when she finally got in, trying to drive as expeditiously as possible while adjusting to the terrain of the forest. When her fingers touched the wound, she knew immediately that Jackson was the one in danger, that he's the one who has the actual marks on his neck. She also knew that Derek was the one who inflicted them. 

        Something in the back of her mind, or should she say her neck, took dominance of the steering wheel. She felt as though all her control suddenly shifted, and she was just pressing the petal and following street signs she had never seen before. She was even more disoriented when she landed herself a spot in a video rental store, a place she hadn't ever been. The parking lot was abandoned, aside from a car directly beside the Camaro. She didn't even need to look over to know that it was Lydia. 

        Sage just got out of the car, walking into the store to try and find a certain lacrosse player. "Jackson?" 

        "What are you doing here?" 

        Sage whipped her head to the right to see Jackson staring at her, eyebrows furred tightly as he checked her out. She let out a deep breath, then walked over to him. Before she even gave him a proper greeting she wrapped her arms tightly around his body, giving him a hug.