Family Ties

Aliana's POV

I was in shock. I could feel Kassandra squeezing my hand but nothing seemed to be registering to me.

The woman removed her hand from my cheek and frowned a little.

"You don't remember me do you?" She asked sounding sad.

I'm not able to answer as my eyes take in all her familiar features.

She smiles sadly at me then reaches for my free hand and starts pulling me towards the large building. I keep my grip on Kassandras' hand so she's pulled along as well.

The woman pauses and looks back at out conjoined hands and smiles.

"Vinxa ihk dout assistance generals. Si geou clax coi de tenpiswo." She says speaking to the two generals who bow and leave.

She turns back around and pulls us into the building and I am suprised to find that the inside looks exactly like a human dweling.

Black Marble flooring, white walls and few seats off to the side are all that occupy the front of the building. She keeps moving until we come to the other side of the room and stops in front of a silver door.

"Nif." She says and the door slides open, she pulled us through and it slid closed behind us.

The hall in front of us was bright white, bright enough that we had to squint our eyes until they adjusted to the light.

She finally stopped at another silver door on our right and pressed her palm against it. This one slid upwards and she motioned us inside.

The room wasn't as bright as the hall so we once again had to wait for our eyes to adjust.

The room we were in was decorated a deep blue and had cushions thrown everywhere. She paused to remove her shoes and we did the same.

Then she walked over to a pile of cushions and flopped down while looking up at me with a warm smile.

Kassandra pulled me over to another pile of cushions and we sat down. Scar and Fen hopped down from our shoulders and stretched their bodies before laying down.

Her eyes tracked their every movement a fact I knew Fen and Scar we're aware of.

"They're beautiful. What are their names?" She asked reaching over to pet Scar's head.

Fen stood up from his spot and gave her a puppy bow.

"I am called Fen, and this is my beautiful mate Scar." Fen said and chuckled when the womans' mouth dropped open.

"They can speak?!" She asked as she sat up.

"If course we can." Scar said as if it was common knowledge.

"Forgive me, I was just suprised. It's an honor meet you both." She said and returned to her relaxed position and returned her gaze to me.

By now my brain had started working a little bit.

"Who are you?" I asked and her smile got bigger but her eyes were sad.

"You really don't remember me do you Ana?" She asked sadly.

"Ana? Whose Ana?" I asked her.

"Your Ana, or at least you used to be." She said confusing me.

Kassandra sensing my confusion squeezed my hand.

"Ana is what I used to call you when you were little." She said and I sat up and asked the question that had been bothering me since I first saw her.

"Are you my mother?" I asked and watched as her whole demeanour turned sad.

She sat up and shook her head no and a shot of sadness went through me.

"I'm not your mother Ana, I'm.." She was cut off by the pounding on the door.

She shot up from her seat and we all followed suit. She smiled at us and moved to the door.

Opening the door, two large men stormed in, One had brown hair and blue eyes and went straight for the woman and engulfed her in a hug then shot a glare at me over her shoulder.

I turned away from them to face the other large man in the room whose was staring at me with his mouth wide open, he had silvery/white hair and violet eyes.

" Coi ui vis. sia vorel hianag Aliana tepohaic returned ekess ve." He said and took a step towards me and I took one back and hurt flashed on his face.

"I was just in the middle of explaining and they don't seem to understand the language, the human language english is how we a communicating." The woman tells the silver haired man and he nods his head.

"Aliana." The woman calls getting my attention.

"This is my mate Eli." She said indicating the man who still had his arms wrapped tightly around her waist and was glaring at me.

"As I was saying before, I am Kera, your sister." She said and once again I'm stunned but she continues.

"And that is Thorn, Our father." She finishes and I'm frozen and unable to think let alone speak.

Kassandra took over from there because she knew that in that moment I wouldn't be able to speak.

"This is Fen Aliana's partner and Scar, his mate and my partner. My name is Kassandra and I'm Aliana's mate." She said to them and the room got even more quiet.

I came back enough to myself to hear Thorn mutter mate under his breath. The way he said raised some alarms.

I raised my eyes to his and saw furry in them just before he launched himself at Kassandra.