Whose It Gonna Be

One week later...

King

It was going on twelve in the afternoon and we were finally back at the hospital. A hour ago Morgan and I went to bank and cashed out. We had made a deal with Carter last week. We were gonna give him money in exchange for Miracle tomorrow night.

I entered Monica's room seeing her eating the lunch that came from the cafeteria downstairs. Her skin was still dull and her body still seemed to be slightly swollen. She looked a lot better now. Her walking was a little slower than usual but that's better than being in a wheel chair.

Nick was asleep on the couch next to her bed with an empty chip bag on his chest. My anger towards his had died down as the week progressed on.

"Hey baby." I went over kissing Mo's forehead. She kissed my cheek and gave me a small but warming smile.

"Hey babe. Guess what?" She smirked.

"What?" I asked taking off my jacket.

"Dr. Jax said me and Aden are able to go home tomorrow evening."

"For real?"

Mo nodded. "He hit his five pound mark yesterday and he's breathing on his on."

"That's great." I bent down hugging her tightly.

"Not too tight King." She laughed then pushed me away a little.

"Well as soon as you get out of here maybe we can take your mind off things and go dress shopping. Maybe even start planning the wedding." Morgan said with joy coming into the conversation.

Mo turned her head to the side and squinted her eyes at Morgan. "Dress shopping? Wedding? Are you serious Morg? What makes you think I wanna do that at a time like this? Miracle hasn't even been brought home yet. A wedding is the last thing on my mind! Important things need to be taken of first."

Morgan sighed. "You're right. I'm sorry. I was just trying to bring light into the room gosh."

"Give us a minute."I said then she left the room leaving me and Monica alone.

I pulled the chair closer to her bed then took a seat rubbing my hands down my face. I have yet to tell Mo about the deal I made with Carter simply because I knew she would overreact.

"The thing about Miracle..."

She sighed then pushed her plate of food to the side. "What now King." Her voice raised.

"We're getting her back tomorrow. We made a deal-"

"A deal? A DEAL?" Monica screamed then put her hand on her forehead taking deep breaths. "Deals don't mean shit to Carter. What don't you understand King!"

"I know baby I know. Which is exactly why I'm giving him everything he wants. Money." I paused then sighed.

"Money?" Mo said then laughed.

"What's funny?"

"You if you think Carter is gonna take the cash and leave like shit is all good." She fussed then lowered her voice. "Nick has to go."

"That's my brother man."

"And mine too!" She snapped back trying to get out the bed. I stood up helping her as she became unsteady. "I love Nickolas. But I love Miracle as well. I made a promise to Yonica to always keep her safe. How do you think she's looking at me right now. Knowing I let her daughter get caught up into this."

"She ain't looking at you if she's in hell." I thought inside my head but kept it to myself because now wasn't the time.

"Answer this King. Do you love Miracle?"