Jimin (Pt. 3)

Jimin carried Mirae to the closest hospital. They took her to try and save her life meanwhile he had to wait outside. It's been over an hour and he hasn't heard anything. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, remembering the state she was in when he found her in the basement, bleeding to death. He wondered why those rules even exist. Why can't two people just fall in love without having any problems?

"Mr. Park?"

Jimin stood up and quickly walked over towards the doctor.

"What? How is she?", he asked.

"She's stable. She lost a lot of blood so she needs plenty of rest. You can go in to see her", the doctor said.

~~~

Jimin watched Mirae as she was sleeping. Her body was bandaged up and her face was covered in cuts and bruises. What kind of sick bastard would force an innocent human being to suffer that much? She did nothing wrong. Jimin did nothing wrong. So what was the problem?

Jimin's head shot up as he heard groaning coming from the hospital bed. Mirae has woken up and tried to sit up.

"No try not to move. You have to rest", Jimin carefully pushed her down until she was laying flat.

"Where am I?", Mirae asked.

"The hospital", he answered.

"..I thought your father-"

"I took you out of that place. We are no longer going back there. If I can't be with you while living there then we'll run away together. I have to make a few calls to see where we're gonna be staying. But I'll do whatever I can", he said softly, gently holding her hand.

*This just in, the CEO of xxxxx has just informed the authorities that his son and their maid had been in a secret relationship. He had planned an arranged marriage for him but his son refused and chose to stay with the maid. They ran away and have yet to be found. Since there are rules between the rich and the help, we must inform you to call the police if you see these two anywhere-*

"Damn. Mirae, I'm gonna need you to change..quickly", Jimin whispered.

He took off his hoodie and shirt and gave his shirt to Mirae since the one she had was covered in blood. He put his hoodie back on and helped Mirae with the shirt. After changing, Jimin peeked out of the door to check if the coast was clear. He placed an arm around Mirae and helped her walk.

It was strange how no one noticed them.

It began to rain. Jimin knew  if Mirae stood in the rain for a while, she'll get sick and feel worse.

"W-Where are we going?", Mirae asked, feeling weak.

"Get on my back", Jimin said, slightly bending down in front of her.

Without asking questions, she climbed onto his back and held tight as he quickly walked through the rain. Mirae has no clue what Jimin was up to but she had to trust him.

~~~

"Lay down here Mirae."

Jimin placed her on the bed and covered her with the blankets.

"Where are we?", she asked.

A friend of mine was nice enough to let us stay here. No one will find us. Now I'm gonna go look for the first aid kit and replace those bandages before it gets infected", Jimin smiled, leaving her alone as he went towards the cupboard.

Mirae was feeling a bit guilty. She feels like a burden now that she's very injured and Jimin has to take care of her aside the fact everyone is looking for them.

"Here. Sit up", Jimin said, kneeling.

She sat up and turned your back towards him.

"You're gonna have to take off the shirt so I can clean it properly", Jimin said.

Since she was in pain, he had to help her. He carefully took off the bandages and threw them away. As he sprayed something on her back, she yelped in pain.

"Sorry", he said.

While cleaning up the wounds, Mirae kept breathing weirdly.

"I'm sorry", she whispered.

"Sorry? What are you sorry for?", he asked.

"..I knew we were gonna get in trouble", she mumbled.

"It was mutual feelings Mirae. We can't help how we feel. Anyways, I don't regret any of it...except this. I didn't think you'd get hurt. I will do whatever I can to protect you Mirae", Jimin said, placing new bandages on the wounds.

He sat in front of her and pulled up her chin to make contact with her. Tears were streaming down her face, not by the pain coming from her back but the pain in her heart.

"I love you Mirae. I want to be with you..forever", he whispered to her, wiping away her tears.

His hand slowly caressed her cheek, causing her face to flush. Her heart pounded so hard, she felt as if it was gonna explode.

"Sir-"

"I told you not to call me that. Do you love me?", he asked.

"..we aren't allowed t-"

"That not what I asked", he said.

"..yes..I do love you..but-"

"No buts. Hearing you say you love me back is all I'm interested in...now there's this place a few hours from here where anyone can get married. We can live there instead of this crappy city. We'll be safe there", he said.

"Really? You'd do that?", she asked.

"Of course I would. I'd do anything to be with you. Now rest up. We'll head off in the morning", Jimin smiled, kissing her forehead.

~~~

As soon as they arrived to the city, they got married. Not too long after, they found out Mirae was pregnant with twins. Jimin's father tried taking them away but there was a law in that city that protects the family that lives there. They no longer had to worry about anyone separating them. So after a few months of patiently waiting, their two daughters were born. They promised each other they would teach them the right way to live, to love whoever they want, and to stick up to their gut feeling.
_______________________________

Am I a hopeless romantic? Eh who knows?😅