8. After the Wedding

"Soo." Paisley draws out the word as I loosen my tux tie and grab a beer from the fridge. "My room is?"

"Oh, right." She probably wants to change out the her dress; it can't be comfortable.

"This way." I set my beer on the glass counter and lead her toward the stairs.

"Master bedroom." I point to my room on the left at the top of the stairs. "My office." I motion to the door on the right. "Your room." I open one of the door at the end of the hall. I had it cleaned yesterday and all of her stuff moved in. A few small boxes line the wall. Apparently, it was all she had.

Her eyes travel around the room in awe. The walls are a mint color that Jenna suggested and black decor hangs on the walls. "This room is bigger than my apartment." She whispers.

"I think it's actually the same size." I correct her, shrugging, and she scoffs.

"Well, thank you." She looks ridiculous standing there in her wedding gown, an awkward look on her face.

I head out of the room but as I start to close the door I notice her trying to unclasp the back her gown.

Without thinking, I walk back into the room and try to help her with the dress. My fingers barely brush against her back when she spins around.

"What the hell?!" She glares at me red faced.

My hands shoot up defensively. "I was helping."

"I got it." She snaps and I watch as she struggles to reach the top clasp.

"Would you like help?" I smirk.

Paisley shoots me a sharp look before huffing and turning around.

Biting my lip, I reach up to undo the top clasp of Paisley's wedding gown and her whole body tenses as my fingers brush her back. When the second clasp comes undone, I'm given the perfect view of her white lace bustier which clings perfectly to her body. If this were a real marriage I'd be enjoying this, but right now I feel as though I'm crossing the line. I have to remind myself the bustier was for my sister's benefit, not mine.

I've never paid attention to Paisley's body before, she's not the type of girl I would entertain for the night. But, her standing before me, in a dress that's slowly coming off, has me questioning the whole 'no-sex' clause of our agreement.

My mind travels back to earlier, the odd feeling of her lips moving against mine. I've kissed countless women but I've never felt such a weird feeling before. An unusual flutter in my chest.

Silently, I go to undo the third but Paisley stops me.

"I can get the others." She turns to face me, her hands pressed against the top of her chest as she holds the dress up. "Thank you." Her face is flushed and her blue eyes are guarded as they meet mine.

"Yep." I nod, not moving. I've never noticed how blue her eyes are.

"You can leave now."

"Right. Well, I'll be downstairs if you want to come down." I tell her, in case she wants to... watch a movie or something... Honestly, I don't know what women like her enjoy doing.

"I think I'm going to head to bed... Once you leave." She reminds me that I'm still standing in her room while she holds the dress onto her body.

"Okay, well, goodnight." What the hell?! Why do I feel... disappointed? Rolling the disappointment from my shoulders, I head out of her room.

Running downstairs, I grab my beer off the counter and head back up to my room.

Paisley's door is closed so I enter my room, leaving the door cracked.

If this is how the next year is going to go, it's going to drag on. And on.

I take of my suit jacket and set it on the bed. Next, I undo a few of my shirt buttons.

There's a sudden knock on my door.

"You can come in."

Paisley comes in wearing a pair of black sweatpants with a few holes. She's wiped all the makeup off her face and her hair is tied on top of her head. Her sweatshirt has a weird pouch in the front and her cat fits in it.

"I don't want the cat in here." I tell her seriously. I don't like cats.

"He'll stay in the pouch." She walks further into my room and I watch as the cat gets closer. "I just had one question."

"Which is?" The cat just eyes me with it's dark eyes, it looks ready to jump onto my bed.

"He." Paisley suddenly says.

"What?"

"You said 'it looks ready to jump onto my bed'. His name is Simba and he likes the sweater."

I want to laugh but I think the cat-Simba- will attack me if I do.

I settle for rolling my eyes.

"What was your question?"

"Right," She sighs. "The bed sheets were changed, right?"

"What?"

"I'm assuming you've... serviced your conquests in each of the rooms... I just want to be assured that the sheets are clean." She cringes.

If she's trying not to offend me, she's failing.

"Yes," I give her a sharp nod. "The bed got new sheets this morning."

I'm not going to tell her I've never brought a woman back to the penthouse. That's none of her business.

"Okay, thanks." She pauses and her eyebrows furrow. "Goodnight then."

"Night."

***

Just a quick little flashback. :)

Please comment, vote, and share!