Prologue

3 Months Earlier...

"I always knew you'd be the first to settle down out of all of us." I said as I was sipping on my strawberry daiquiri. "Reese Williamson, it has a nice ring to it."

"Oh, shut up." Reese said, the blush clear on her face. Talia and Ashley began imitating their wedding. Sitting around a coffee table gushing over Reese's ring was a great way to spend a day. While my friends were cooing over marriage, I was cringing away.

"Bailey, you know you'll have to get married some day."

"In the far future. I don't plan on it anytime soon." I scrunched my face in disgust. "There needs to be a bachelorette in the group, and I guess it's me."

"Bails, you have been single since forever." Ashley laid a hand on my shoulder.

"Relationships are too much commitment. Plus, I'm twenty-one. I'm supposed to be having fun, and I am doing a lot of that."

"Meaningless sex is not the way to go." Talia complained. Reese and I shared a look and burst into a fit of laughter.

"It's actually stress relieving." Reese admitted. Once upon a time, Reese and I were just alike. We were both the non-committal type. Then Adam came into the picture and swept her right off her feet.

"Thank you Reese, even though you've turned your back on me." I crossed my arms over my chest feigning an offended look.

"Oh shut up, we all love you." Ashley shoved me almost spilling my daiquiri.

"Count your blessings Ash." I warned.

"Our little alcoholic in the making." Talia sighed. I threw a pillow at her and she threw it back.

"Where's the celebration going to be?" I asked Reese as I got up from the couch.

"The club we always go to on Friday nights." I nodded as if to say 'gotcha'. After our farewells, Talia and I left to head back to our apartment.

"Maybe we can find your soulmate at this club."

I snorted loudly. "When pigs fly."

...

"Too tight!" I yelled as Talia was trying to get my zipper up. The silver mini dress would not conform to my body.

"Stay still." She pulled it up and I swear, all the wind was knocked out of my body. "There. All done." I looked in the mirror and tried to let out a breath. Once I was sure it wouldn't pop, I let go of my stomach. "You look flawless."

"Thank you dearie." I slipped on my black pumps and grabbed my silver clutch filled with my necessities. "Okay, I'm ready." My makeup was done to perfection, the smokey eye look accenting the contours of my face. I rode with Talia since I figured I wouldn't be sober tonight. Talia agreed to not drink for reasons she wouldn't explain to me.

I'm sure it has something to do with James." I guessed. I was proved correct when her cheeks flamed. We pulled up to the nightclub. Our group was hanging around the parking lot waiting for us probably.

"The queen has arrived." Sam said.

"I'm sorry, the dress wouldn't come on. Ashley, I'm not the same size as you." I sent her a pointed look.

"You said you wanted the dress, so I gave it to you." She shrugged as if it were no big deal.

"Who are we waiting for?" I asked.

"Reese."

"Go figure." I took the time to look at those around me: Talia, James, Ashley, Sam, and Carter. Reese finally appeared with her fiancé. "Adam and Reese, late as usual."