~(40)~

"Come on! Wake up! Please!"

Just a few minutes after winning the battle of the millennium, Maxim's body began to tremble uncontrollably; even the ground beneath him began to shake as well.

"It's happening." Liam muttered as he looked towards Kyle with a knowing look.

"We need to get him there, now." Kyle commanded a few warriors as they ran towards the damaged wolf, hoisted him up into the air and carried him through the darkness of the forest.

Anessa was frantic as they disappeared into the forest but luckily, Liam was there to pacify her heart wrenching emotions, "Where are they taking him?"

"To the place he needs to be." Liam's response was immediate; however, the next part he whispered was something she didn't catch with her wolf hearing, "The place where you need to be."

Everyone began to walk into the forest with cautious steps as the Cades lead the way to the big slab of stone that rested in the heart of it.

His body was still unstable on the reflective grey rock as the few warriors moved away from him and beckoned the Cades and Kyle to approach him.

"What are we going to do?" Everyone looked at Anessa expectantly as if she was supposed to already know.

"You mean what you are going to do." Liam interrupted the silence with a knowing tone laced heavily in his voice.

"What? What do you mean?" She thought it all ended after her triumph but she was wrong; it was now beginning.

"You are the Lupus Alba. It's time."

Though still confused at his vague explanation, she nodded and looked towards Maxim's unconscious figure with fear embedded in her eyes and most importantly, her heart, "What if it doesn't work?"

"It will work. You are the only person that can do this."

No other words were said as Anessa stepped onto the grey slab and stared at Maxim with tearful eyes.

"Anessa," An angelic voice interrupted her train of thought as the Moon Goddess herself materialized in front of her, "You do know what happens if you do this right?"

"I...I do." She sounded certain now as she shifted her eyes back and forth between the Moon Goddess and Maxim until her eyes finally set on Maxim and stayed there for a short while.

Her eyes glowed a silver colour, "Okay, I'm ready."

Everyone nodded their heads and stepped a few feet backwards until they were a safe distance away from what was about to occur.

Her hands touched Maxim's side and the veins in her hands glowed the same colour as her eyes. Everyone was astonished at this point as gold and silver auras surrounded them and soon meshed together to create a blinding flash.

Just like that, everything was still and the two were in their own world.

He saw her beautiful face as clear as a glorious sunny day and vice versa. The two of them were in their own little paradise as they looked into each other's eyes and found themselves to be in never ending happiness.

Their foreheads touched each other whilst they kept their gaze on the person that made them feel safe; whole; like themselves.

"You have to go."

"What? Why?"

"It has to happen like this and it needs to happen now."

"What has to happen now? Anessa, what are you talking about?"

"I'm sorry, Adonis. It's meant to happen like this."

"Anessa! No, what are you doing? What's happening to me? Anessa! Please!"

Adonis saw himself gradually disappearing from his paradise as his eternal soul mate watched him leave with tears that cascading down her cheeks one by one until he had finally disappeared.

"Hey! He's waking up!" True enough, Adonis began to slightly stir on the grass and soon enough, he regained consciousness.

"Finally! For a second there, I thought you weren't going to collect your prize." Kyle's face flashed a dashing smile as he hinted at something.

"My prize?" Adonis questioned suspiciously.

"You don't know?" Kyle's smile dropped.

"Wait, are you talking about Anessa?"

"Who's Anessa?" Now, it was Kyle's turn to question him curiously.

"I don't know."

...

There was always something that made the Lupus Alba special but it wasn't the best that she could have acquired. This gift, it came with a price, a price she just paid; she had the power to donate her own life with the consequence of her existence being forgotten.

She's conquered more than she could handle all her life and she did the deed she was destined to do. She was and will always be THE RUTHLESS SHE WOLF. 

---

Ah! Please don't kill me!

Anyways, how did you guys like the ending?

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment.