Chapter 3

Y/N pov

We came right when Mandess was leaving so we walked over and Sam asked John," What did Mandess say?" I was curious as well but John's answer was," Not much." I was about to say something but Sam spoke first," Let me guess something about duty and sucking it up."

That annoyed John because he sounded like it did," That sounds nothing like him! Like your owl."He answered while giggling," It sounds exactly like him." There was quiet then Sam said," Me and Kells is going to the shooting range do you both wanna come?" I happily accepted while John declined saying he was going to the gym.

I hesitantly went with Sam to the shooting range but, I had fun we even played games and had matches I did really well and got good practice which was great!

Timeskip

I had heard what happened at the gym with John I knew how he would feel about this so I knew what to do. I knocked on his door he few seconds later opened it suprised I had a tray with cups of water and food I made myself. He looked at me I smiled," You want an early lunch I made myself?"

He smirked and sighed opening the door wider," Come on in Y/n." I went in pleased with myself we eat while talking laughing together which I wanted to never stop.

Timeskip

We were being briefed on our mission on getting a special guy named Watts which we are to go and get him. The plan I think would go or I should say I hoped it did.

Later we had gotten in the only bad thing that happened was John getting shot which I was not happy about we then got the unhappy Cournel which I got to kick him in the container and close it. The plan went well we got the Cournel to the UNSC alive not dead the only bad thing was John getting hurt.

Timeskip

We had got back we most likely just did a mighty blow to those guys. When we got off a guy is standing there I stared at him why was he so familiar to me? John went to talk to the guy they talked and the guy left as soon as Mandess came.

He told us to go to the Ampatheather but as I was leaving but I was stopped," 118 please come with me." I looked at John he nodded so I went with Mandess. He then said," How good are you at hacking?" I looked at him like he was an idiot.

He must have understood and said," If you end up on the ship try to get the chance to hack into there system and get info." I nodded and saluted," Yes sir!" I went off to where John and the others were at at the moment. I had just gotten in and sat next to John right when the Doctor said play the message.

After the message I felt like laughing at the idiot prophet. Wait. How did I know he was a prophet? Oh well I have to go get ready just in case we are going in.

Timeskip

Sam and Kelly were practicing I was busy reading a file from the UNSC that  I "accidentally" got into. It was called Project Mjolnir where Doctor Halzey made armor but the last test I watched the video... not pretty.

Then John came in and asked," Does project mjolnir mean anything to anyone?"  They started by saying it could be a weapon and Rass wasn't really good at code names. I was about to speak up but Doc called telling John and me to come to the bridge.

Why am I going? Oh well John told Sam to get ready while we walked out to the bridge. While walking John said," You were going to say something what was it?" I smiled," I may have accidentally got in that file and know what it is."

He sighed looking at me then smirked," I wonder if that is why your called to bridge too Doctor Halzy going to get you." My eyes widen in fear," W-W-WHAT!" John then started laughing I got annoyed and asked," What's so funny?" He smirked still laughing," Your face is priceless!"
I glared at him blushing," S-Shut up John!"

Timeskip

I sighed to myself I did tell them it was definitely a ship only Halzey believed me and look now there dealing with there "ghost ship". I knew what was done there and I was willing to beat it will work.

Mini Timeskip

I heard the guy in charge of the ship say," Bring the ship around and arm the Mac." For some reason I knew it wouldn't work and it didn't. Then Halzey brought up the nuclear warheads I knew it may do some damage maybe.

Three piolets went in and attacked one was destroyed the other two attacked then the warhead was fired. Someone counted down till it went boom the long sword ships were gone but the Covenant ship was still in tacked but, damaged.

It backed off to make repairs. He told us it was his mission to get us down there at all costs and would lure them away if they come back. We all got in the three smaller ships and went to this secret or special base.

Timeskip

She was talking about the armor which I already knew due to reading the file. I'm so dead if she finds out I did that without being told I could. I then noticed something there was no armor with my number on it. Where's my cool armor at?

She was about to ask for volunteers I was about to volunteer when John beat me to it. I worried for John excited to see if it succeeds and other things. I watched not daring to looking away Doctor Halzey explained about the armor to John then asked him," John ready to take your first step?"

He answered," Yes Ma'am!" He came down from the table thing and looked at his fingers moving them in and out he said," It's lighter then I expected." How heavy did he think it was going to be? Halzey had put on John's helmet for him he had to move so she could put it on him due to her being shorter.

She asked," Well how does it feel?" John answered," Like I was made to wear it ma'am." Everyone got there armor but me where's mine!? Doctor Halzey then came up to me and said," Follow me 118." I nodded and went with her to another room.

I was suprised in the room sat armor that looked like everyone else's but, this one was black with silver detail and blue visors and it had a picture of a circle white background with a grey wolf howling. I looked at Doctor Halzey confused and suprised she said," This is a special prototype that I knew would fit you perfectly."

I smiled at her I asked her," May I?" She nodded I put it on and slowly got up she was right it was perfect I put on my helmet. She then said," Your code name is now Night Wolf." I smiled," Nice nickname I like it."

We then walked while I went back to the others to show them my armor I was proud to have.

Timeskip

They were all practicing well except for me and John who stayed with Halzey watching. Halzey got a call from Captain Wallace he told us that the Covenant were on the move and we were on our own. Halzey expression was I think a mix of sad and hurt.

Then John bravely volunteered us to go attack the ship. Halzey looked like she was thinking then said," God's speed John." She then said," Oh and 118 you are staying here with me." I was shocked I looked at John I notice him hesitate but, nodded to me telling me to listen.

I nodded sadly while everyone else got prepared. I looked at Halzey I was about to ask but she said," I have a mission for you I'll tell you about it later." I nodded then left to at least be able to watch from afar. I felt like something horrible was going to happen but, I put it to the back of my mind. I regretted doing that later because of what happened Sam.. died.

John took it hard for a while I stayed with him helping him feel better and him helping me. I was glad that everyone else at least got back in one piece. I stayed with him talking and being with them till I was called elsewhere. Everyone had come to see me off and to be honest I was glad for the helmet I gave John my favorite necklace he had given me and told him to keep it safe before hugging everyone and lastly John.

I got on the ship and waved goodbye to them till I couldn't see them. I sighed," I wonder where I'll be going? And if I'll see them again?" I sighed and smiled," I'll never know if I just mope around!" I then went the bridge to go find the Captain.

Me: Hey friends! It's done hurry unless you want a book 2?

Me: Well if you do you have to tell me so write in the comments and tell Me!

Me: So, bye for now!