OMAKE - Union

Rei looked in terror at the stick in her hand. The pregnancy test had two clear lines. She was giving birth again. She was giving birth to a child that man wanted. A child that would be perfect and become no. 1.
The first three children were not perfect in her husband's view to which Rei was glad for. But this time, she knew, she just knew that this child would be the perfection her husband was looking for.

How long was she pregnant? When was the baby due? How would her baby look? Who would the baby look after? Would the baby look like him? Would the baby be like him? Would he also hit her? Would he also look at her like that?

Rei shivered at the sickening thought and looked at the mirror. The reflection of her own terrified expression was not what she gasped but what looked like a glare from behind her.

She screamed in screeching terror. She slumped onto the ground and protected her head with her arms. She screamed and screeched. She wanted to stop. She wanted to drop everything and just leave. But could she do that?

Her scream took a sudden halt as she felt her stomach feel cold but the coldness was warm. It was a strange but calming feeling. It was like a coldness from the winter wind and the warmness from the sun that slowly spread through her body. Her body was slowly calming down and the feeling acted like a drug for her. She felt like whatever distress she gone through had never happened.

After few minutes passed, the coldness died down and it was only warm. She wondered if the baby inside her tried to calm her but that couldn't be possible... she doubted it...
———————————————
Her husband forcefully took her to the hospital and discovered that she was pregnant. They both discovered that she was carrying twins. Shizuka was both elated but also worried. She felt like her husband also knew that this time, they would get the child he wanted.

So the mother was slowly planning on what to say when they got home. She would try to stop her husband from taking her children away from her. She would protect her children. She would not fail this time like she did with her other children who trained the moment they were able to walk and then discarded.

"They will not train until they are old enough," she said just as they reached the living room, her body shaking but her eyes didn't lose her resolve. No, she not fail this time.

"You think you have a right over this?" Enji growled but rei did not back down, "I am their mother, I have a right to say something about their future well being."

"You won't stop me!" He shouted her for trying to get into his way.

"They will become no. 1 and for that to happen they will have to train!" He yelled.

She trembled but she had to stay strong, "They are only children! If you force them, they will only hurt themselves!"

"You are just spoiling them! They will be too weak by the time they are fully developed! You think they will grow strong like that?!"

"Please until they reach middle scho—"

"That's too late! If you are going spout nonsense then I don't want to hear it!"

Enji stomped out of the living room and Rei sat onto one of the sofas, crying in despair that she had again.

"Kaa-san?" Rei looked up, startled. It was her youngest daughter, Fuyumi and behind her were her sons, her children.

"Fuyumi-chan," she called out.

The said girl ran to her mother hugged her tightly.

"Toya, Natsuo," the boys walked to their mother as she called them out. They joined in the hug.