18. I just came for milk

"Saiki". You squint and look around. "Where am I?", you wonder. You sit up and notice you're in your room. Your eyes widen and you search around for the person who had just spoken. But once you found no one your eyes widened. "Did I just...?". Yes, I just said Saiki's name in my sleep. My entire face turned red. I grabbed my pillow and quickly hid my face. I can't believe I just did that, luckily he wasn't there to hear. Your face grew even redder. What if he came in and heard you talking about him in your sleep?! You groaned and fell back on your bed to relax your crazily beating heart. Why am I feeling like this again? I promised myself that I wouldn't, especially after what happened last time. You let out a long sigh and close your eyes. Just remembering it all made you feel really uncomfortable. Just as you were about to go back to sleep your stomach rumbled. You let out an irritated groan and got up. Might as well get something to eat.

You stumbled sleepily into the kitchen and pulled out a box of cereal and placed it on the table along with a bowl and a spoon. You then opened the fridge and let out a long sigh after seeing there was no milk. "Ugh!". You eyed the box of cereal, maybe you could just eat it without milk. But then a voice in the back of your head spoke. "What are you a savage?! Go out and buy some more!". You let out an amused chuckle, that's the exact kind of thing your mother would say. Not really to you, mostly to your brother, he was a bit of an idiot. "Ok fine".

I head back to my room and start getting dressed. Might as well do the weeks shopping while I'm getting milk, I was actually supposed to do it yesterday but got caught up hanging out with Saiki and the guys. You smiled lightly as you remembered the festival. No matter how hard you tried to get it out of your head it stayed, the night at the festival with Saiki was almost like a date. Boys don't take girls to festivals, do they?! But then you saw so many other couples... wait maybe they weren't couples. Maybe they were all brothers and sisters or just friends. But siblings don't kiss that's just gross and friends don't either unless they actually have something. You groaned when you realized you were overthinking again. You seem to do this a lot whenever you stress and luckily the last you had stressed yourself out was your first day at school. You were so nervous to meet new people, the idea of creating new friendships kinda turned you off but you pushed through anyway and look where you are now. You had made an enemy who actually apologized the other day so now you're friends. You also have Kaidou who you think is pretty funny, he's such a klutz and gets flustered easily. Nendou, who is an idiot but can be really fun to hang out with. Hairo, who is so energetic and always has your back. Kuboyasu, who is really nice to you and finally there is Saiki. Saiki is like your best friend. You would probably never tell him that though and you're lucky he can't read your mind or else he would know how you felt. But the word best friend doesn't seem to fit him, you like him a lot more than that. You let out a long sigh and leave your house in your new clothes for the day. All you have to do is buy your groceries and then you can come home to a day of Netflix and food. Ah, that sounds wonderful.

Timeskip

After a 15 minute walk, you found yourself at the store. You entered and started filling your basket with necessary items. After about 10 minutes of shopping, you noticed the one thing you were missing. "Oh, I need milk", you sweatdrop. It had been the reason you had come in the first place and you completely forgot. You hurried to the dairy section and grabbed a bottle of milk, turning towards the checkout. But just as you were about to you accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going", you say, bowing. The person lets out a quiet giggle which somehow seemed familiar to you. You look up only to be met with the sight of Saiki's mother. "It's nice to see you again, (Y/n)-san". "Oh, Saiki-san I didn't even know it was you". She smiles brightly. "What brings you here?", she asks. "I was just shopping", you say holding up your basket. Her eyes widen a little bit. "Why are you doing the shopping, dear. Shouldn't that be something your parents would do?". You bit your lip, not really wanting to bring them up. "Oh no, I live alone so it's all up to me I guess". "Oh dear, would you like to have dinner with us then?", she asks hopefully. You smile and shake your head. "It's fine Saiki-san, I wouldn't want to intrude". She takes my free hand in both of her's and shakes her head. "Please call me Kurumi and you're Ku's friend so you won't be intruding at all". You look down at your feet nervously. You would like to go but you also didn't want to bother Saiki by hanging around him every day. You saw how he didn't like Kaidou and Nendou, he just wanted them to leave him alone and him telling you that he enjoyed your company could just be a way to not hurt your feelings. Before you could open your mouth to say no Kurumi spoke. "Ok then, I'll see you at 6 pm". Your eyes widened and you called after but she ran off. All you could do was let out a long sigh and rest your face in the palms of your hands. What did I get myself into? I just came to get some milk.

I want to write a Kuboyasu x Reader story. I love him as a character and I thought of a really good idea for it so I may do it in the future. Anyway, what are your favorite secondary characters? Of course, everyone likes Saiki but there are a lot more. I only ever see Saiki fanfics, there are still barely any of those and I haven't seen any of any of the other characters. Anyway let me know. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD