Chapter seven

ANNALISE POV

"What do you mean I'm to spend the day with the kings?" I ask my mother with furrowed brows and slightly pouted lips, confusion clear in my voice.

My father lets out a short, sarcastic chuckle before speaking out,"Were you listening to a word that was spoken at dinner just last evening?"

No. I was too busy staring at them and lingering on the wonderful food.

"Of course I was listening." I lied right through my teeth, my features still pulled in to rest in a small childish pout.

"Well then you should know the royal driver, Arlo, will be here for you any moment now. You're to be getting a special tour and some background knowledge on the castle, which will help to further your schooling." My mother interjects the conversation, her tone slightly snippy yet still playful all at the same time.

It doesn't surprise me that they took the kings up on their apparent offer. They've always cared a very great deal about my studies, seeing as both of their parents always pushed them in their own schooling. It's all they have ever known, so they've instilled the same principles upon me.

They both became respectable people in the work industry, and make a good living for our family. They've established a meaning to the last name Knight, people who commit. Respected people.

Although I'll be well set off, they still want the best for me in terms of learning. Knowledge is power, this quote is lived by in my family.

"So with that being said, you'd better get those pajamas off and get into some real clothes." My dad laughs once again, as he scans my choice of nightwear over.

I was clad in old, tattered Disney princess shorts, and a big tshirt that fell to my mid thigh. It gave the appearance that I was wearing no pants on underneath, which I normally don't to bed. However, since I was staying in a foreign bed I decided pants were the safest option last night. Besides, while these shorts are so old, they're still so comfy all at the same time. Appearing so small under my long shirt, and the silky material giving the feeling that my skin was so smooth and I was wearing nothing underneath.

Those are the best.

"And do dress nice darling. I don't want those handsome men thinking we've raised a hooligan." My mother interjects my father yet again. This time her tone held no playfulness, just one of seriousness.

Hearing the phrase 'those handsome young men' fall from her lips strikes something inside of me. I don't know why, but I don't like the idea of her calling them attractive. Perhaps it's because she's my mother, who is married to my wonderful father.

Don't be foolish. You don't like the idea of anyone taking notice of their looks but you.

The voice in the back of my mind pipes up again. I can't help but feel that it's right. These feelings are absurd, but I know that there's an underlying truth to them. An underlying meaning of why I keep having these thoughts. Not just some silly, old school girl crush. These were real feelings, they have to be.

"Right." I mumble out breaking my thoughts of said nonsense before my subconscious gets too carried away.

I head back to my section of the hotel, preparing to pick out an outfit and make myself presentable for the day. My fingers rake over the clothes that I've got hung up fairly neatly, until they land on a pretty, pale blue, marble, mini skater skirt.

Wow, that's a mouthful.

I choose a similar top to the one that I wore yesterday, being a lightweight cropped white tank. This one was far more sleek though, seeing as the material was a richer material, being made in Indonesia. I pair it with a costume jewelry gold chain that has a triangular pendent on the end of it, holding many patters inside.