Chapter 8

3x03: End Of The Affair.

(Ella's outfit on top)

We were in Chicago the most popular city, it has been since the nineties. After in 1910 when I 'died' I had to escape and leave so the first place I came to was Chicago, it was marvelous and beautiful, still is. I was confused of why we were still traveling, since we traveled all summer for no reason. We became restless for no reason especially Klaus.

Klaus had stopped the car at a loading dock. I looked around outside, when Klaus turned to me. "Let's go." He said, before hopping out of the car. I glanced at Stefan confused and he just shrugged before getting out of the car.

I sighed unbuckling my seatbelt, opening the door then slipping out and shutting the door behind me. "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus announced as he looked over at a confused Stefan.

I slowly followed the two in front of me scanning the place. "What are we doing here?" Stefan asked, eager to know.

"I know how much you loved it here." Klaus started. "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" My heart stopped as soon as the words escaped his lips.

"Blacked out most of them." Stefan responded. "A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." The twenties for me weren't parties...The whole time I was trying to find Klaus.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus told him. I crossed my arms watching the truck coming in with coffins.

The Mikaelson coffins. I looked over at Klaus as my face brightened at the sight of the coffins, a tiny smile playing on my lips. He sent me a small smile with a wink.

"I didn't have a chance to experience Chicago." I admitted, looking at Niklaus who looked at me curiously. I wrapped my arms around myself, keeping quiet not bothering to say anything. My dead heart stung thinking of how long Nik and I had been apart. It had been a decade and yet we don't appreciate that we finally found our way back to each other.

"Chicago was magical." Klaus admitted himself.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan reminded. I put my lips in a line scanning the place.

I remember in the twenties I was looking for Klaus but the only things I found were dead bodies made from Stefan. He was known to be the ripper, if he drank from a human's blood he wouldn't be able to stop and drain the life out of them. It scared me knowing he had done it to humans throughout our whole entire trip.

"Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus snapped me out of my thoughts as he looked at my brother who wanted to get this place over with. I'm positive he just wants to return home.

He's not the only one tired of this trip. I am as well. We've been at it all summer and at the end everything failed. "Why are we both still with you?" Stefan asked, motioning me and himself. "We had our fun, your hybrids failed." I awkwardly glanced between the two. "I mean, don't you want to move on?" He questioned, causing me to suck in a breath.

"We're going to see my favorite witch." I looked at him with a raised brow. His eyes slowly fell on me as I narrowed my eyes at him crossing my arms. "If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." I could feel the Jealousy burn in my skin.