Chapter 9.2 (Edited)

The building where Sunshine Entertainment was located had three stories and a basement.

The first floor had the reception area, several meeting rooms and lounge areas for the employees (artistes, managers, assistants etc.)

The second floor was where the managerial offices and the offices of all the different departments were located and the basement had storage rooms and practice and recording studios. As for the top floor of the building, it was where the president's office was located.

It wasn't long before the counter on the elevator showed that they had reached the third floor, yet the doors didn't open.

Moving to the side, Isabel flipped open a panel and entered a string of numbers, it was only then that the doors slid open with a resounding 'ding!'

When the doors opened, the first thing that Isabel saw was a large office—to be honest, it was a living room that had been fashioned into an office. Yup, that's right! The president of Sunshine Entertainment had set up his office, smackdab in the middle of his living room. The third floor was actually his apartment.

Crossing the thresh hold, Isabel entered the 'office' and looked around, but a trace of the all-important president couldn't be seen anywhere.

"Did Mason sleep out last night?" Davina wondered aloud as she dropped down into one of the sofas. "I'll text Sophie to find out where he is."

Sophie was the president of Sunshine Entertainment, Mason Brown's, personal secretary who was also his friend and nanny from since childhood. 

Usually, to get up here to the office, people would have to stop off at the second floor first to make their business known to Sophie who would then call up to make sure the president was unoccupied before accompanying the visitor in the lift and punching in the password to allow them access.

Despite them being like family, a president's office in a company was still no place that just every Tom, Jack and Harry could barge into, so unlike Isabel and Davina who obviously had special privileges, there were very few of the other artistes who knew the to password the upstairs apartment and would also have to check with Sophie before being allowed to come up.

"Gah! I'm not getting on to Sophie. Did she maybe turn off her phone? Sophie never turns off her phone, why choose today?" Davina was mumbling to herself.

Leaning against the wall, Isabel's eyes looked over the pleasant and inviting layout and décor of the room which was actually designed by her then her eyes slowly made their way up to the second floor, precisely to the bedroom door and she made a cheeky smile.

Glancing at the back of Davina's head as the other woman was jabbing at her phone screen in frustration; Isabel began to slowly slip away.

"So... I'm gonna go ahead and check the bedroom just to be sure. Okay?"

"Hmm?" Davina looked up to see Isabel making small and seemingly casual but quick steps toward the stair case and her face visibly paled.

"Wait! Izzy, don't go up there!"

Hearing the other woman tripping over herself to rush and stop her, Isabel's hear skipped a beat and she squealed as she widened her gait and flew up the metal stairs. Standing at the top while hopping from foot to foot and giggling at Davin who was sprawled on the ground, Isabel gave a happy twirl and skipped off toward the forbidden door.

"Isabel, don't open it!"

Hearing the obvious anxiety and panic in Davina's voice, Isabel's hands shook and paused just over the door knob.