Tired

Chapter Twenty-Three

[UNEDITED]

I'll ask her to dance with me tonight.

That's what I had initially thought to do. Then I looked over, smiling from the middle of the dance floor and at her back that was touched by a familiar hand. Up my eyes went and now they're watering from my shaking I commit to by the outer breaks of the building. Head in knees. Then standing and screaming, my anxiety runs ship. A panic ensues and I'm alone screaming wanting something to dim the pain of remembering. Sinking. I hunch and crutch. The addiction I taste by the roof of my mouth. Salivate. I want it. I want it.

I need whitey.

[2 hours earlier]

It's dark when we arrive.

The entire ride over, Taehyung tried not glance your way. Staring out to the lands they passed, he thought to the morning and the butterflies he got when talking to Jin. Showered, scented in mint, Taehyung strolled out in his towel and nakedness while Jin whistled for him to get dressed. Knotting and holding the towel in place, Taehyung said what had bothered him for days. He held Jin's arm and said, "I'm sorry for being disrespectful and pushing you...that day with Oki and all." With a head ducked, Jin smiled and planted nothing but a reassured nod his way. As the older friend strutted, he amusingly whistled into a tune, "Got a new girl on your tail and you're suddenly making sense of life, huh?" Taehyung didn't like that. Jin talked about you as he left, insinuating that he showered, apologized, and got up this morning to impress you. Taehyung didn't like that.

Two hours later, after Taehyung's afternoon classes were over, he sat smiling at the essay marks that piled in. He had done it. He succeeded and brought his mark up to a 70, for a course he was doomed to fail in. Not the happiest, his potential and ego thrived, water at his eyes circled. I did it, I really did it. Hoseok came to invite him dancing, but the excited boy flashed his pride. "Cleanin' up your act for your new friend huh? When you going to ask her out?" Taehyung's smile fell, and his watered eyes ran dry. He coughed and asked then, "What? What does my mark got anything to do with her?" Hoseok slapped Taehyung's arm, told him he was kidding, and congratulated a second time. The first stuck. Taehyung put his marks away.

Then, eating a delicious bagel with you by his side, he smiled and laughed and told you stories when asked. It always surprised him why he was able to talk to you about this. All of this. From Ella, to heartbreak, to his anxiety and his...attempts. But he kept his promise and involved you in moments of his life when he wasn't breaking down. When he was happiest. When he was in his own mind and got himself to that position without help. Help is nice. Help is very nice. But he didn't want help from you. He didn't want to depend on a girl his heart was starting to beat in rapid beats for.