Chapter 2: Nekochi

[(A/M): Yes I Did drew the three. I couldn't help it. Did I improve from my last drawing in my other book 'Katsuki's New Sibling Life?'. Izuku's hair is so hard to draw... ;-;]

[Before the announcement of being quirkless]

In a room full of children who wore blue and brown uniforms, kids scurry around, many are with friends or in groups; all chattering amongst themselves or with the two caretakers.

But there was one who didn't seem to talk to anyone, instead they sat alone at a table, innocently observing what the others were doing.

They trembled like a scared rabbit at every loud or sudden sound, looking so timid and scared. Most kids avoided her to avoid any trouble.

"Hoi."

You jumped in surprise and covered your head in fear.

"What are you doing bunny?" The voice asked making you nervously look up to the owner of the voice.

Upon eye contact, green and red meeting, the boy lightly blushed at your innocent expression. The blonde boy continued to stare, making you feel even more awkward and nervous. You shyly spoke up, "U-Uh.."

You searched for a way to respond to the boy, then you remembered what he called you.

"B-Bunny?" you said as you tilted your head in confusion.

Snapping out of his thoughts, the boy cleared his throat and pointed at the red ribbon tied in your hair to make a ponytail.

"Your ribbon looks like ears, and the way you tremble like a cute bunny makes you look like a bunny," he said bluntly.

"R-Really?" Hearing the word 'cute' made you blush madly.

"Yeah! Hey, I am Katsuki and I will call you Buns!" he declared.

"E-Eh..!? B-But my name is (Y-Y/N)." You stuttered.

"But Buns, is my special nickname for you! And mom told me, that 'if you named something it's yours'." he spoke confidently as you stared back at him with a curious gaze.

"So now that I have named you, you are now mine!" He grinned.

And again, you blushed bright red at his words. "T-Then.. I w-will c-call you Nekochi..!" you shyly claimed before suddenly turning into a nervous, stuttering mess.

"T-That is o-okay right.?? I-If you don't like it I-I could change it..!" You began to nervously stutter out excuses and mutter apologies till the boy laughed, and it immediately calmed you down.

"Yeah it's okay! You can and will, from now on, call me Nekochi and you don't call anyone else this nickname, okay?"

With a bright smile you nodded, and Katsuki took you hand and lead you to his group.

[--]

You were wearing a light green summer dress at the playground, playing with the boys. Katsuki insisted that he did most of the dirty work, in which you sadly agreed.

Katsuki noticed Izuku's pail that sat next to yours and picked it up. "What is it Nekochi?" you asked peeking over Katsuki's shoulder as much as you could.

"Well, don't you know, you can read the characters for Izuku as 'Deku'," he says, shocking his group.

"Kacchan you can read?" one of the boys questioned in awe.

"You can't?" Katsuki mused with a smirk. "And 'Deku' means someone who can't do anything," he further explained.

Most of the boys gasped in amazement, while Izuku frowned. "Stop that," he muttered.