Chapter 6

You and Namjoon sit on your bedroom floor, you lay out a piece of paper. Grabbing a marker, you clap your hands together. "Let's start!" You say enthusiastically.
"Okay. There are many ways to go about this." Namjoon starts, "We could... 1, act like we hate each other. All they want are 2 star crossed lovers getting together, right? So, we give them the complete opposite."He says.
"That could work-." You start, he interrupts you. "OR, we could pretend to love each other... then, they'll have nothing to talk about after because we gave them what they wanted so easily."

I don't have to pretend to like you, Kim Namjoon.

"OR—." He starts.
"See, this is why you're the one with an IQ of 148." You say, he chuckles.
"Forget the numbers. You're not just a pretty face, you're really clever." Namjoon says to you.
"I'm pretty?" You ask, he looks up from the paper; his cheeks turning a light shade of pink.
"Yeah... I mean, of course." He looks away from you in embarrassment.

Turning his head towards the paper. "Let's keep writing." Namjoon quickly says, you smile.

He's so cute when he's embarrassed. He sucks at hiding it.

"Alright." You reply, still smiling. Namjoon continues to blabber out ideas, saying witty jokes from time to time. You write the plans down, your hand moving as fast as they can to keep up with his incredible brain. You almost can't keep up with Namjoon's speedy thoughts.

Lord, how has NASA not hired him yet?

"Worst case scenario, we change our names, grow beards and move to Alaska." Namjoon finishes off.
"We can't do that!" You say, Namjoon chuckles.
"Alaska is too basic, let's go to England instead..." You say quietly, Namjoon lets out a dorky laugh.
"Yeah, that's much better!" He says sarcastically. You start laughing, unintentionally. You laugh and laugh, until you realize...

Shit.
I sound like a dying animal.

Your laugh fades.
"HAHAHhAHhaHahahaha.. ha...ha"
You clear your throat awkwardly. Namjoon smiles.
"Why are you smiling like that?..." You ask him, a little creeped out.

"Your laugh. I love it."
"What is there to love about my laugh?! I sound like a cat with a nasty cough!"
"No you don't. It's cute. Why do you think you sound like a diseased animal?"
"...because I was told I do." you shyly reply.
"Well I'm telling you your laugh is cute, so believe it is." He says.
"Thank you, I think." You chuckle.

Am I blushing? I think I'm blushing.

"So. We have one good plan." Namjoon looks at the paper. "And 27 backup plans." You reply.

Namjoon looks to his phone and you look over at it. "We've been up here for 3 hours? It felt like 45 minutes." You say.
"I guess time flies when you're having fun." Namjoon says, smiling at you.

You and Namjoon talked effortlessly and endlessly, each topic leading onto another. As you got more comfortable, you told each more about yourselves and expanded on your past.