Chapter Two: Shocking Discovery.

(Ember's pov)
"That's impossible! I've read about them in books and studied myths! You can't be werewolves!" I exclaim. Dom smirks.

"Could a myth do this?" He asked, I watched in horror as flesh ripped, muscles tore, clothing shredded and fur sprouted from Dom's body as his bones cracked. In his place stood a light brown wolf. He padded up to me and nudged my palm, I held it out as he inhaled my scent.

When I heard bonds cracking again I looked away. "I'm decent" he stated and when I looked back he was wearing shorts and a shirt.

"Ok, ok, I believe you but what have I got to do with this?" I asked, honestly I thought I was going insane. Cole glances at Lyla who nods her head, her natural waves moving as she did so.

"You were attacked by rogues, they but you and so their venom seeped through into you're wounds; it's changing you faster than expected and you're going to turn in two weeks and merge with you're wolf" he stated simply as if it wasn't a big deal. I stared at him in shock.

"I'm going to turn into one of you?! I'm going to be a killer?" I whisper the last part. Dom growls taking a threatening step forward and I flinch back.

"We don't kill unless necessary, we aren't rogues" he spits. I swallow the lump in my throat and glare at him.

"Listen, I'm not going to take any of you're crap! I've taken it for seventeen years so back the hell up!" I growl out.

Wait?! Growl?!

"Her senses are heightened, Dom lay off" Cole demanded, Dom huffed and walked back still glaring. "My parents are here but you are to address them as alpha and Luna unless they give you permission to call them by their names" Cole says and I nod "any questions you have we'll answer just be patient". He draws back and I watch as a slim woman with young features enters with a fashionably dressed man on her arm.

Her eyes land on me, brown and warm and it's only then I notice that Cole, lyla and Serena have blue eyes but Dom and Tyler have brown eyes and black hair unlike Serena, Cole and Lyla who have chocolate brown hair.

"I'm Sharon and my husband and mate is Vincent" she says and holds out her hand, hesitating slightly, I take it and she shakes it and then rubs her cheek against mine. I sat there stunned. "That's how we greet our kind" she tells me and I nod. I'd momentarily forgotten I was going to turn into a wolf...

"I'm sorry we had to meet under such unfortunate circumstances, but now that you're here we may as well answer you're questions" she sighs sitting next to me. "You're bleeding! Are you ok?!" She exclaims. I nod.

"It's nothing" I grit out, my guard instantly up.

"It's not nothing! Something happened to you and as a member of our family we need to know what happened to you!" Lyla exclaims. I sigh frustrated.

"I'm not blood related to you and I barely know you so just shush ok?" I say holding a hand up to stop her rambling.

"You are if my wolf felt the need to protect you as if you're my sister so what happened? Do you have any parents?" She asks, probing me. I freeze. Should I tell them? I push away the negative thoughts and sit up straighter. You can only free you're self from the pain by talking...

"My birth parents died in a car accident when I was seven, I was in the car and the only survivor. My dad took a wrong turn and the roads were slippery... He couldn't break and crashed into a construction site. He and my mum died instantly.

My relatives blamed me and wanted nothing to do with me, they said I was a delinquent and troublemaker so I was put in care... The couple and their son took me in. I broke Carla- my step mum's- vase and she got Jon to hold me down as she lashed at my back with a belt-" growls erupt through the room. I flinch and continue.

"That was my first beating and then it carried on throughout the years, my most recent beating was tonight when Jason talked smack about my parents and snapped. I beat him but Jon got Carla and I got it worse...

So I ran and stole a car and took my money and wound up on the outskirts of redwood with a flat and then a guy and two wolves attacked me. Said 'I'd be good for him' whoever 'he' is" I said and this time Cole was throwing the table across the room. "What?" I ask curious.

"That rogue was talking about their King and ruler of the rogues, he has killed his past bond mates and now he's after you" he spits.

"What's a mate?" I ask puzzled. Vincent looks at Sharon and smiles lightly at her.

"The moon created us but have is mates, they're our other half and complete us. Without them we would die, go insane, kill ourselves or go rogue. They are our one weakness as alphas and luna's" Vincent states.

"Alpha? Luna? Why are you named after the Greek alphabet? Are they some kind of position?" My brows knotted together in confusion.

"Yes, the alpha is the leader of the pack; a pack is a group or werewolves who band together and fight to protect each other, the Luna is the mother and cares for the pack and looks after pack members and their pups and helps the alpha with paperwork.

Beta's are second in command and help with orders and controlling the pack when the alpha or Luna are unavailable, deltas are third in command and gamma's fourth they usually help the master in arms train warriors and trackers and handle weapons.

Lastly are the omegas who are the helpers and lowest rank, they are to respect us and any higher ranking wolf wether they be pureblood or not" I let the information sink in.

"Ok, are there any other packs in redwood?" I ask and Cole nods.

"Yeah, we're the strongest and named silver moon, second there's black rose, third Blood moon and lastly harrows" I nod. "The pack whose higher than us is Dark Claw and they're known for brutality they dwell past the territory line, not far from here" I nod again.

"Do you guys have mates?" I ask curiously. They all nod.

"My mate is called Sarah, Dom's mate is called Lee and Tyler's is named Sheila. My mate is future Luna as I'm the oldest the title is passed to me" Lyla's mate is called Joe he's in this pack... Serena's is Zachary he's the alpha of Black Rose" I cock a brow.

"How old are you all?" I ask if only just realised I didn't even know their ages.

"Cole is nineteen, Dom is eighteen and Tyler is sixteen. Lyla is seventeen and Serena is seventeen" Vincent says.

"I'm seventeen also, so what are they mates positions?" I already knew Cole's mate would be future Luna.

"Dom's mate is beta female and Dom is beta as his mate is in this pack, tyler's mate is a warrior and Tyler is master at arms. Lyla's mate is a warrior here called Joe and Serena's mate is the alpha if the Black Rose pack" he says.

"So you're all close to each other and Serena is a Luna across the line?" He nods.

"Now, time to adopt you or you'll be a rogue and we can't allow to to live, so will you allow us to adopt you?" Vincent asks. I shrug.

"Sure, but it'd need to be legal as well as how you do if in the werewolf world. I'm never going back to my foster family... What if they put me as a missing person?! Jason has the police in his pocket!" I exclaim as fear grips me.

"I'm a social worker, lawyer and I run an adoption centre Vincent is a CEO and we are never letting you leave us because you're our pup now" Sharon growls.

"Pup?" Ok, now in confused.

"A pup is a wolves child like a baby is a human's all we have to do is claim and accept you"

"Ok" here goes nothing....