Thirty

Jeez! I can't believe we are already at chapter thirty. It feels like yesterday when I was typing the first few words of Zero!

Thank you to all those who are continuously voting, commenting and reading.

-Mia-

I yawned, my hand outstretched to feel Vincenzo with my eyes closed only to realise that the space beside me was empty and cold.

I opened my eyes, glancing around and realising that he wasn't in the room. I sighed rubbing my eyes and assuming he went to work early.

But no, I told myself. Didn't he say that we were going to go out today?

I lay there for a while, pondering. During that time, I started to question myself.

I was back with Vincenzo but for how long? What if he cheated on me again? Once a cheater, always a cheater. I started to wonder whether I was being too kind towards him. Should I of punished him more? No, I'm not the type of person to hold grudges and I love him.

He has a child that isn't even mine. Why aren't I freaking out about this like other people?

Bianca is dead. I wasn't even allowed to go to her 'memorial'. No one was. Only Vincenzo and his men were there and I assumed they didn't even wish her well. They probably just dumped her in the ground before leaving.

April didn't know about her mother. She didn't ask either and continued to call me 'mama'. I felt guilty. Shouldn't she be told? Vincenzo disagreed and said not to mention it. She had enough with her grandmother dying.

Doesn't she have the right to know though?

I sighed, not wanting to get deeper into these questions floating around my head.

I sent a quick text to Vincenzo, asking him where he was and hopped into the shower.

I changed into some pleated wide, floral box trousers and a pink, strapless crop top. I combed my hair and let it on my shoulders before quickly putting on makeup, and adding some jewellery.

Damn, I looked fine.

I slipped on some wedges and walked downstairs to see Dante coming out of the kitchen. "Good morning," I said with a smile. "Have you seen Vincenzo?" His face fell for a quick moment before he put on a bright smile that didn't look real. "He's going to be gone for the day working."

"Oh," I said, in surprise. He nodded, before leaving. I didn't feel as though he was being truthful but I shrugged it off. It was the morning anyway.

"Morning," I heard from behind me. I turned to see Liliana dressed in some jeans and a grey hoodie. "Wow," she gasped, her eyes scanning my body. "You look great," she complimented as I smiled kindly. "Thanks. You look lovely too. I wish I was wearing a hoodie. I dressed up a bit 'cause I thought your brother was taking me out but I don't know where he is,"

Liliana glanced around. "Thanks and I don't know where he is either. Oh, wait!" She exclaimed, "I thought it was a dream but I heard him talking to someone really early this morning on the phone in the corridor but I couldn't hear properly and I went back to sleep."

I bit my lip, nodding. Who was he talking to?

I shrugged a little, smiling. "It's okay. I'm sure he's fine. Anyway, how are you?" I asked kindly, wanting to get to know her. She smiled back, "I'm fine, thank you," she quickly glanced at her watch. "Oh, crap. I have to go to school."

"School?" I asked in confusion. I was almost sure that Vincenzo had said that she was nineteen or so. She nodded, her smile fading a little. "Leo enrolled me to school because I. .I don't have much education." I nodded as she scratched her arm.