Chapter Eight: "The Big Bang"

The zodiacs were two weeks into school now, each day a long day of lessons, yet, it still turned out to be fun. After all, it was the school of their dreams.

  It was a normal Tuesday morning and everything was running smoothly. Pisces raised his hand, "69," he answered anxiously as a few snickers ran through the class.

"Immature," grumbled Capricorn as leaned back in her chair, almost falling over in the process. She and Pisces were having maths with Cancer, Scorpio, Taurus, Sagittarius and a few other students they only knew by talking in class. The rest were in Art, probably having way more fun.

  Aries smiled contentedly as she splashed a dollop of red paint on her artwork. Libra stood next to her. Aries leaned over to see Libra's artwork and frowned when she saw that the canvas was completely blank. She nudged Libra, who seemed to be in a trance, her paintbrush lingering in the air.

  Libra quickly jumped at the contact and stuffed something hastily into her pocket. Aries glimpsed a patch of red and white before it was gone, but she shook it off and nodded her head towards Libra's paper before turning back around. Leo walked over arrogantly, waving his artwork in the air. "Yo, homo sapiens of the female gender. Look at my drawing of a lion," He smirked as Virgo walked over,

"It looks like a deformed cantaloupe," he said as Libra stifled her giggles.

  • • •

  Everyone joined each other as they sat down at a vacant table in the crowded cafeteria. Aquarius gagged as he picked up his lunch, a fish burger. The greasy fish flopped through the soggy buns and landed on his tray with a loud splat! Gemini pushed her tray away and placed her palms against her forehead. "Well, I just lost my appetite,"

"I never thought those cafeteria food stereotypes were true," Leo raised his eyebrow at his mashed potato, that looked like it was alive. Wait, it was. Leo immediately threw it in the trash can and returned to the table. I'm never eating cafeteria food again, he thought to himself,

"Well, that's going to be hard considering that we're going to live here for a year," Cancer laughed at Leo. Leo frowned at him, he probably thought out loud.

"I lost mine as soon as I saw the food," Taurus said, referring to Gemini's earlier comment. She lifted a piece of limp lettuce and inspecting it.

"Lost your what?" Gemini commented suggestively and Capricorn lifted an eyebrow. Meanwhile, Cancer was stuffing his face, practically forcing the food down his throat. The others stared at him, the disgust evident on their faces. Scorpio sat at the other end of the table, it was obvious he didn't want anything to do with them.

"And I thought I was usually the hungry one," Taurus grimaced as Cancer practically inhaled the last of his burger.

  They all departed to their separate lessons after lunch and returned to their normal lesson schedule.

• • •

  Sagittarius looked at the clock for the umpteenth time and nudged Aquarius, who was sitting next to her, "Oh thank goodness, we only have 10 minutes left of class, I can't stand Ms. Dale's droning voice got any longer," She whispered loudly to him, she heard a small gasp from
a student behind her as their teacher spun around, an evil glint in her eye,

"What was that Miss Chiron?" She smiled menacingly at Sagittarius.

"No-nothing Ms. Dale," She stuttered, wringing her hands together.

"Is that so. Well, then how about you come up and answer the question on the board for us." Was the reply she received from Satan's spawn. Sagittarius's eyes widened, she hadn't been listening, she barely even remembered what lesson this was. Oh right, it's History.

"Greece," Aquarius coughed into his hand. Never mind, it's Geography. Sagittarius quickly got up and walked to the board, scruffily writing the word Greece onto the board. She turned to Ms. Dale with a pleased look on her face. Ms. Dale, however, remained unfazed as she cleared her throat,

"Well done Miss Chiron, but I'm afraid cheating isn't allowed in my class, I'll be happy to see you and Mr. Pura in detention at 4:30 sharp." Now it was her turn to wear a smug smile as she pointed to Sagittarius's seat, "Please sit down," Sagittarius dragged her feet as she went to sit down, sending an apologetic look to Aquarius.

  They sat in silence as Ms. Dale continued to talk. Sagittarius looked at the clock and grinned, one minute until the end of the day, her smile quickly disappeared when she remembered they had detention. As she saw people begin to pack up their things there came a loud bang from all around them. The ground underneath them trembled as books fell off the bookshelves. However, as quickly as it had begun, it stopped.

  Everyone froze, there was a moment of silence, yet it felt deafening. Then, the alarm began blaring.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Hello my children. Welcome to another chapter of my oh so fabulous book. I hope you enjoyed it and...

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Yours truly,

Zodiac Lover No.1,

Leslie