Chapter 12

"she will wake up after a while but the only thing that worries me is she has not been eating and she is very weak, since you her husband, have you analyzed this?" who is speaking "well doctor, she has been eating so I don't know what you speaking about" I hear a very familiar voice respond "anyways, she just needs a lot of bed rest, she needs to restrict herself from stress and she must not put pressure on her leg due to the stitches" I try to open my eyes but I can't "and what medications are you giving her?" I hear someone say but his voice sounds so familiar. It kind of sounds like Dante. I try to reach out for something but nothing comes into my hands "DOC! She's moving!" I hear someone scream, I feel a person grab my hand "squeeze if you can hear me, Violet" who was this? He sounds familiar. I squeeze the person's hand as I hear him sigh in relief "she is awake but due to being unconscious for 3 days, it's going to be hard for her to recall....." unconscious for 3 days!? I try to recall what happened but I just can't.

I try to hold something again and someone's hand comes in the way "where I'm I? What's going on? Who are you?" I shout, I start to panic "Violet calm down. Everything is okay. Just calm down" all of a sudden I hear beeping noises and my eyes open wide "HER HEART RATE IS DROPPING! HELP IN ROOM 34!" I hear screaming but the only thing my eyes is focused on is Dante. What is he doing here?

The door of the room just bangs open as someone pulls Dante away and he stands in the corner, I look around and notice I'm in a hospital? Why? Nurses run to me as they take a pipe and open my mouth to push it in, I move my hands to pull it out but they won't let me. I start fighting, I throw my hands around as I start moving but a sharp pain runs through my legs "Keep her down" someone says, I see Dante walk towards me as he grabs both my hands and holds it down "look at me Violet" he says calmly, I turn the other side but still try to move "Violet" this time I look at him as tears fall "relax. You have nothing to worry about, let the doctor and nurses do their job and you will be out of here, soon" I nod, but he still holds my hands down. The nurses open my mouth as they put a tube down my throat, I start shaking due to the pain as I squeeze Dante's hands, he starts rubbing calming circles around my wrist "you going to be okay" I look at him as he smiles for the first time ever. I feel something go through my neck. I turn around but the doctor holds my neck to the side.

I feel so useless, I can't move, I can't speak and I can't do anything to get out of here. One nurse gets near me as she tells Dante to move a bit, she puts her hands on my chest as everything is starting to go turn black "she's going unconscious!" someone yells but all of a sudden my eyes meet Dante's and I stare at him before everything dies out.

4 hours later

I open my eyes and turn my head slightly to the right, I see I'm still at the hospital. A glass of water stands on the small table that is on my left , I try to move my hand to reach for it but I feel pressure on it.

I look towards down and see Dante on a chair sleeping with his hand holding mine, he has his head leaning back as he has a small frown on his face "Dante....." my voice comes out croaky as I try speaking again but it hurts, I shake his hand as he sits up and looks around but eventually his eyes falls on me "you awake" he says, he stands up and puts one hand on my face "are you okay?" I nod as I point towards the glass of water, he looks at where I'm pointing, he grabs it "let me lift you up" he takes the remote from the side of the bed and picks the bed up so I'm in a sitting position. I reach out to get the glass but he pulls it away "I got it" I nod as I open my mouth and he feeds me.

"what happened?" I ask him as he sits back down on the chair next to me "we were on a phone call and all of a sudden I hear you scream, I rushed to the hospital to find you but then they told me you left, I was driving back home but then a crowd of people, when I got out I seen you and rushed you here" he looks around as I see bags under his eyes "how long have I've been here for?" he looks up at me "three days" I sigh as I put my head on the pillow but quickly sit back up "wait..... Dante!" I grab onto his hand "it was Marco" he goes red and looks at me "what?" I think back to the accident "before I could get knocked, I seen him! He was driving the car"

"I'm going to sort this out" he stands up but the door opens, I see a Doctor Cole Adam walk-in "Hello Mrs Violet! How are you feeling?" he adds emphasis on 'Mrs' "I'm okay, just got a headache" I smile as he stands next to Dante, Dante stands by my legs as he has his arms crossed, his mind somewhere else "so, there is some good news and some bad news, which one do you want first?" I shiver as I think of what bad news there is "I'll go with the bad news then the good" I inhale and exhale as I wait for him to lay it on me, Dante walks to the other side of the bed and grabs my hand rubbing small circles on my palm "okay..... So the bad news is when you got knocked, your leg hit first and your bone fractured and we had to put it straight again so you will be able to walk but if you put too much pressure on your leg then the stitches might open up but I suggest you use a wheelchair" I nod as I try to move my feet but it hurts "the good news is everything else is fine and there were some complications when you awoke the first time, your breathing got caught up and we almost lost you but you are a fighter, you made our jobs easier" he says with a straight face and walks out of the room.

I look at Dante as he pulls his hands away from mine "I need to make a call" he gets up, storming out of the hospital room. I hope he doesn't do anything stupid.