XII - Meatballs

authors note:
*edit* I changer Amber from Medison Pettis to MAdison Beer :) 
------------

When I woke up the next morning, I was sweating with fresh tears running down my cheeks. I breathed hard when I sat up, calming to remind myself it was just a nightmare. The last time I had a nightmare I was eight years old.

When my breathing slowed I noticed Lexi sleeping next to me and the events of last night crashed down on me. Carter cheating, Jack punching the shit out of him.

I wiped my cheeks and forehead from the dampness and pushed the too hot sheets off of me, stepping out of bed. I felt grouchy and sticky and depressed and I was itching to take a shower, so I grabbed some folds and shut the bathroom door behind me, tugging off my damp PJ's and jumping in the shower. 

I relaxed more when the cold water touched my skin, and I let out a sigh of relief, making my hair wet.

"Julia?" I heard from my room over the stream of water coming from the shower.

"What?" I replied loudly, rinsing my hair.

There was a muffled reply and I frustratedly shut off the water.

"What?!" I yelled, and Lexi opened the door to the bathroom, revealing the ringtone of my phone.

"Your phone is ringing."

I tugged back the shower curtain a little, only exposing my head and reached over to grab my phone, briefly looking at the usual birdnest morning Lexi. 

"Hello?" I said, holding the phone close to my ear while Lexi looked in the mirror.

"Julia?" It was Carter.

My breath hitched in my throat and I instantly hung up.

"Lex," I caught her attention and handed her my phone before tugging the shower curtain closed and turning the water back on.

"Who was it?" Asked Lexi, still not leaving.

"Guess."

It was quiet before she gasped. "Don't tell me it was that tool Carter."

"Mmhm," I hummed lathering my skin with soap. "The nerve, right?"

"You should have handed me the phone, I would have send him to fuck himself." She exclaimed.

"Lexi that's awesome and all, but can I just take my shower?" I said, giggling.

I could hear her sigh and I just knew she rolled her eyes before I heard the door open and close, and my smile faded.

-

"You guys wanna catch a movie later?" Asked Alex, sipping on his Starbucks. "I've been waiting to see the Neighbors."

I groaned. "Holy shit I still need to see that."

"Can we grab a bite before we go, though?" Lexi piped up, picking out a cute light grey sweater from the rack of clothing she was going through, thoroughly examining it and putting the top in front of her, looking at the mirror.

"Yeah, sure. That is a really cute sweater, you should buy it." Alex said, rummaging through his side of the rack, while I was on my phone. I didn't have money to shop if we were still going to eat and go to the movies so I didn't feel like torturing myself with looking at clothes I couldn't even buy.

"Did you hear about what happened last night at Matt's--" Alex started, but Lexi cut him off.

"I'm definitely buying this!" She exclaimed, passing Alex a glare.

I noticed she was trying to avoid the subject of what happened last night as if I couldn't handle it.

"I'm over it, Lex." I said, a little frustrated.

Alex looked between us, his mouth in a tight line. "What did I miss?"

Lexi sighed, looking at my permission before she started explaining the events of last night.

"So we went to Matt's party," She started, and Alex instantly cut in. 

"You guys went?! I didn't even see you!" 

"Shut it Alex, let me finish," She replied. "Besides you were probably too busy sucking someone's face off." 

He shrugged and nodded, we all knew she had a point. 

"Well anyways, as I was saying, we arrived and everything and then um," She looked a little uncomfortable but she continued. "Then we saw Carter making out with Ambitch (aka Amber) and Jack punched him in the face for it." 

Alex's jaw dropped. "Jack her brother or Jack the hottie?" 

Lexi rolled her eyes. "Gilinsky." 

"No way!" He exclaimed, shocked. "I didn't even know there was a fight, I was just gonna say how I hooked up with Ryan Meltzer, but damn!"

Lexi's mouth opened and I couldn't help but burst out laughing. "You little slut!"

We had all thought that's what he was going to bring up in the first place, but in the end we were the one bringing it up. 

"Anyway I'm starving, let's get some subway or something." He said, and we made our way to the food court. I got a turkey and ham sandwhich while Lexi got tuna and Alex got meatballs. 

"You sure love balls, don't you?" I said, holding back my laugh at the brilliant pun. 

He wiggled his eyebrows as we sat down. "You know it." 

On my way home after I dropped off Lexi, my phone started ringing once again. When I checked the called ID I rolled my eyes. 

"You need to stop calling me." I said after I picked up, putting the phone on speaker because safety first (stay in school kids).

"Please, Julia, you need to hear me out." Carter desperately said through the receiver and I groaned. 

"Okay go ahead. I bet you had enough time to think up an excuse so go ahead, try me." 

I was pretty proud of the way I handled things. Besides crying myself to sleep, I came on really strong and uncaring, while my heart was actually broken. I didn't think it would be so easy to let go of my all time crush after finally being with him. I guess it was a good thing that happened, so I could finally get over him and realize what a jerk he really was. 

"Amber came onto me! I was just talking to some of my buddies and she just came on my lap and started making out with me. Literally a minute after I heard your friend and I saw you I realized what she was doing, and I was just so confused I couldn't explain it myself, Julia, you have to believe me!" 

I was quiet for a while, deciding if what if he said could really be true. I didn't want to be one of those girls who just blindly forgave their cheating boyfriends every single time, but I wouldn't be surprised if what he said was actually true. 

"I saw you kissing her back, Carter." I muttered, turning into my street. 

"I wasn't! I was trying to get her off me, but she pressed her face into mine and I couldn't freaking get away. And I didn't want to punch her because she's still a girl, but I'm so sorry, Julia, I really am, I didn't mean for any of this to happen," He said, and it sounded honest. "Can we meet up to talk or something because I don't want to give you up, okay?" 

I chewed on my lip, and nodded. After a while I realized he couldn't see me and I said yes. 

_____________________
authors note: 
this chapter sucks so much ksdmoklsdamsl
but hey thank you for reading ily all 
(also I didn't edit this chapter yet oops)