chapter 13 » blind trust

As the school week came to an end, the weekend sun shined through Ajax's window

As the school week came to an end, the weekend sun shined through Ajax's window. She peaked an eye open before shifting awake and reaching for her phone from her nightstand, a text from Harry waiting for her. She cocked a brow, her heart sinking, thinking the worst as she opened the text.

Harry:
"Good morning, was just checking to see if noon would alright and if I should pick you up?"

Ajax smiled to herself reading the text before typing back a quick response.

Ajax:
"Morning, noon is great and I have a ride. I'll meet you there. The one on 56th, yeah?"

Ajax stretched, Harry responded with a simple "that's the one" and a smiley emoji. Ajax smiled to herself as she got out of bed and made her way through the tower and to the kitchen where she found Tony and Pepper. Pepper was grabbing her coffee, dressed professionally as usual when she was set to work.

"Mornin'." Ajax said as she took a seat at the barstool.

"Good morning." Pepper smiled. "Okay, I'm off. You two get along, please and don't set the house on fire. Literally." She glances at Ajax but stared at Tony, making Ajax let out a chuckle and smirk.

"Bye, Pepper." Ajax says as Pepper leaves after kissing Tony goodbye. "So, need a ride in about two hours."

Tony turns to look Ajax, Ajax smiling wide. "Where to?"

"Coffee shop on 56th."

Tony quirks a brow. "And why do you need a ride there of all places?"

"Gotta date." Ajax's smile widens before it fades and she scrunches her face. "Kind of, more of a hang out but that's not really the point."

"Who's the unlucky person?" Tony quips.

"Harry Osborn."

Tony freezes, his coffee mug to his mouth. "Osborn?"

"Mhm." Ajax hums. "He goes to my school apparently."

Tony rests his mug on the counter. "Why him?"

"Do you really want to talk boys?"

Tony sighs but his eyes are slightly narrowed. "You're up to something."

"Nope." Ajax says, holding an innocent smile.

"Yeah, I know you're really up to something because you're always planning something in that brain of yours so fess up."

"Tell Peter I got an upgrade for him when I get back."

Tony's brows furrow as he puts his hand. "You have an upgrade? What have you been doing?"

"You said I'm up to something. I've got a few new webshooter combinations for him." Ajax holds a straight face as she bites the inside of her cheek.