Chapter 42 ~ Black Queen

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!

~KC Blares

*****************************************************************************************

Chapter 42 ~ Black Queen

KC’s P.O.V.

            “Do you want to play now?” the sharp-toothed grins called. The monsters had long disappeared, leaving me in the darkness, crumpled and hugging my knees on the cold stone. I was shivering, coated in my own blood after I had coughed it all up; almost positive I had lost a lung with it.

            “No,” I moaned. “I’m tired, I’m cold, and I just want to sleep.” I thought of the only thing that could bring a half-smile to my face; the way Damon had rolled my name off his tongue. Not KC, my wolf’s name, but my real name.

            “I’m sure this game will warm you right to the bone,” they growled, dragging the word “bone.” I bit my lip in hopes to hold back the pained scream that wanted to escape as a new wave of agony coursed through my body. They laughed hysterically, the towering grey beast that went by Nomad slinking out of the shadows with a grin that was literally spread from ear-to-ear. He meandered towards me until he reached the slab, towering over me and leaning down so his fur brushed my cheek.

            “I know you want to play,” he whispered seductively in my ear. He softly dragged a clawed finger down the side of my face as his yellow eyes met mine. I stared back blankly, too tired to find a response. Another scream tried to bubble up, but I bit harder down on my lip, making it bleed. I squeezed my eyes shut, begging for the pain to end, for the nightmare to fade away.

            “Relax, KC,” the beast cooed, gripping my jaw and tugging it down so that it unhooked from my impaling fangs. I winced at the sting of pain as tears pricked at my eyes.

            “Why not just finish me off? Why make me suffer?” I whimpered, unable to make my voice any louder than a hoarse whisper. Nomad chuckled, echoing on into the darkness around me.

            “Because, if we can’t break you, we can’t kill you,” Nomad hissed with a teasing smile. I stared past him and into the shadows while his words sunk in, my worn brain trying to dumb it down.

            “If I play, this will all end?” I looked up at the monster, my fingers trembling as I brought them closer to my body, trying to shrink away and disappear from sight.