Chapter thirty three

*Waring, mature content ahead* 

My knee high boots clacked on the rusty and dirty road and I hugged myself as I approached the dark street.

My hair blew in the wind and I hugged my leather jacket closer to me as I approached the house.

I flicked on the flashlight before peering slightly through the window, oddly enough it was empty and very much creepy.

My heart stopped when the old door slowly creaked in the wind, I took a deep breath before fumbling with the gun in my pocket.

I am scared shitless.

But I can't be, I have to be strong and returning to my old home was definitely something I would never do by choice but I have to, I need to find my brother and this was the only way.

I confidently walked in the house and flicked the flashlight on, it was already dark but I couldn't sleep or do anything without where Jacob is and in what danger he is in.

I gasped and stood back in fear when I saw blood on the walls, no it's not his I know it.

I sigh a breath of relief when I remembered it has been there for ages, so Jacob is fine.

I searched the whole house slowly and run my hands through my hair when realise the house is empty, I lost control of my anger.

"Fucking hell, why me or Jacob?" I shout before kicking a wall, which was a bad idea.

I ducked as it slowly cracked and was about to fall when I run out of the house and blinked back tears when I realise Jacob isn't there, now I don't know where he is at all.

I hear the back wall fall and manage a small smile before hurrying away, great now I am screwed.

***

Once I finally got home again, I quickly went in my room and took a deep breath against the door.

Where the hell could they be?

I walked over to my bed and fell asleep in my clothes, I cried myself to sleep and I kept thinking and thinking.

What did I do to deserve this?

The next morning I woke and went into the shower and did my usual routine, I threw on a black zip up dress before leaving my hair down after I straightened it.

I did my makeup with a grey smoky eye before slipping in my black heels and then walking out after I grabbed my trenchcoat and bag.

"Morning Addy" Mia smile lightly at me before straightening up her dress.

"What's the occasion?" I ask before we both laugh, mia is a model and she usually wears short dresses not long ones.

"I have a different shoot today, it is pretty big" She says before bitting into her toast, her black hair was curled and she had beautiful makeup and jewellery on.

Mia was effortlessly pretty while I had to try, I was jealous in a way but some people make me forget that.

"Ok, have fun" I say before grabbing my sandwich from the fridge and putting in my bag.

"I will you too, I guess" She says before we hug each other and smile at each other.

I walk out before hailing a taxi and getting in, I fumbled with my fingers nervously to face Ryder again.

He might question me, no he will question me, and great what excuse do I make now?

Once I step out, I pay and thank the driver before sighing and walking in.