Chapter 9: Mateo

You're welcome.
Rowen in picture above.
Mateos P.O.V.

She's pathetic, I think as I watch her get thrown to the grown by David again. They've been training for an hour and she still hasn't learned anything.

My hands go up to my lips and pull the joint away. I keep my mouth closed for a few seconds then let out the smoke. I smirk as I watch her through the security cameras. "She won't last long here.."

Rowen, my best-friend, is sitting next to me. He laughs, "Fuck no. She's like a mouse among lions."

I nod, and pass him the joint. "I have no idea why my father chose her. He wants her to be the next Secret."

He looks at the camera, just as She falls on her back again. "You're serious? This girl mysteriously shows up in our small town and he immediately starts training her to be the secret. Why?"

"I'll tell you why." We both tense up as my father puts his hands on both our shoulders. "Watch her eyes every time she falls." We stop and watch but I don't notice anything about her eyes.
My father rolls his eyes when I give him a questioning look. "She's tired of being weak. Which means she will train harder, It was in the last secrets eyes and it will be in the next. You get the smallest, innocent looking girl you can find. And you push her harder than your toughest warrior, either they die or they become the secret." He smiles as she actually manages to block one of punches. "See how proud she looks of herself? Now she has a taste, she'll never want to stop. Mateo, call your uncle. Tell him to get on a flight here. Tell him we need to train the new secret." He leaves,

Rowen and I exchange looks then look at the screen. David is teaching her offensive positions, she lunges forward to punch him and she falls flat on her face. Rowen sighs, "She won't make it through his training." He stands up to leave. "I'll leave you to call your uncle."
---
After about 2 hours of training, I'm beyond sore and David finally backs off. "Cynthia will be back in 15 minutes. Go shower." He points to a metal door in the back of the gym. "She will have clothes for you. I will see you tomorrow. Meet me here, 5am. Understood?" He doesn't wait for me to respond, he just leaves.

I whimper as I slowly walk to the showers. When I enter the room, there is a mirror directly in front of me. My hair would be sticking to my face, caused by sweat. My cheeks would be red. I'd already have bruises forming all across my body. I sigh, then start to strip down and climb in the shower.
--
After about 3 minutes of struggling to lift my arms over my head to wash my hair, I give up and wash the rest of my body.

I get out about 5 minutes later, and wrap myself in the towel and patiently wait for Cynthia.
Only the person that walked in wasn't Cynthia.

He smirks at me, "Ah- little bird." Mateo steps towards me and I hold the towel tightly to my chest. In his hands would be a bundle of clothes. "Cynthia got caught up in a job. She asked me to give you these clothes." He sets them down on a chair and glances around. "You won't survive here, you shouldn't have joined us." He scowls, then begins to walk towards me. "He is going to make your life hell." I frown, then tilt my head in confusion. "You are going to train with my Uncle. He is coming here in 2 days to pick you up and bring you back to his training facility."

I tense up. The uncle that Mateo is terrified of?

He stands in front of me and glares down at me. "If I were you, I'd listen to my uncle. He is not someone you will want to disobey. Sadly, I won't see you for a few years." He runs his hand through my wet hair. "Though I can't wait to see who you become." He grips my hair and pulls it back, so my neck is exposed to him. "That is if you survive." His free hand comes up to grip my neck and I gulp.

The heck is this boy doing..  With one hand gripping the towel, the other hand comes up and grabs his wrist.
"Don't touch me.." I mumble.

He smirks, his grip tightening. "What you gonna do about it?" He leans in after a few seconds of watching me. "Exactly." He pulls away and steps back. "You're so weak.." He rolls his eyes and makes his way towards the bathroom door exit.
"Get changed and go back to your room. Tomorrow Cynthia is taking you to the basement." He sends me a sadistic look as the door closes behind him.

---
Very short chapter.
-PT
(844 words .)