XVII

The next morning, I woke up with a killer headache and my stomach churning

The next morning, I woke up with a killer headache and my stomach churning. I crawled out of the tent and found the nearest bush, instantly emptying my stomach. My body convulsed as I threw up until it was nothing but dry heaves.

"Easy Jade, easy," Jordan soothed, rubbing up and down my back.

I coughed some more, spitting out the vile taste in my mouth. Gladly accepting the bottle of water, I gulped it down, feeling it's coolness course inside my body. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

Jordan smoothed some of my hair away from my face. "You okay, sweetheart?"

"Not really," I shook my head, feeling it throb for some reason. "I shouldn't've eaten so much at the barbecue last night."

"C'mere." He wrapped his strong arm around my waist, effortlessly pulling me up. He hugged me to his side while simultaneously supporting me as he walked us to where the rest was.

Noah pulled out one of those folding chairs and let me have a seat.

"Thanks," I mumbled, sitting down. I put my head in my hands but winced when I felt a sudden pain shoot through my right hand. I looked down at it and frowned when I saw it was bandaged. "What the f - "

"Let me take a look at that." Jordan gently put my hand on my lap, unwrapping the gauze. I frowned as I noticed some of my fingers were red like a really bad rash.

"What happened?"

"You burned yourself last night," Noah answered, munching on his cereal. "You don't remember?"

"I - I don't know, not really," I stuttered, gazing down at Jordan rubbing something on my hand. "How did it happen?"

"You put your hand in the fire," Ashton said, coming out of the woods, zipping up his jeans.

I raised my eyebrows, confused. "Why would I do that?" My brothers all exchanged a look I didn't understand and none of them spoke up. "What? What is it?"

"You don't remember eating Ashton's brownies?" Noah questioned, tossing me an apple.

"Brownies?" I scratched at my temple, willing the headache to just disappear. "You mean the brownies in the box? Yeah, I remember those. Why?"

Ashton nervously cleared his throat. "Uhm, well they weren't just brownies ... they were space brownies."

I opened my mouth to say something but clamped my lips shut, feeling puzzled. "What?"

Jordan finished changing the bandage on my hand and studied me closely. "Jade, you were high last night."

My jaw dropped. "E-excuse me?"

"Drugged, spaced out, potted, doped, delirious," Ashton started listing off, "whatever you wanna call it."

"Oh my god," I muttered under my breath. "Did I do something embarrassing? I did, didn't I. Did I wet myself?" I heard people wet themselves when they're high.