𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ( bad blood, part i )

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
( bad blood, part i )

It seemed like they underestimated the amount of demons in that area. The moment they stepped foot outside the precinct, the werewolf caught sight of way too many demons surrounding them, waiting for the perfect moment to snatch the Cup. Even if they have to go through the Shadowhunter's seraph blade and Jax's claws to get it.

Clary had bolted, instructing the other to follow after her but she stopped short once she encountered a locked door. Shee took out her stele from her pocked but paused. "What's the unlock rune again?"

Oh, you have got to be kidding me. Jax stifled a groan. He's never gonna let Clary lead a runaway ever again. "Step aside, sweetie. Let the professionals handle this," Jax smirked and in one swift movement, managed to kick the door open, down 'till its hinges. "Why need a bunch of runes when you got a big bad werewolf by your side?"

Clary and Isabelle grinned when Jax bowed slightly and gestured for the girls to went inside first. "Come on, Alec. Let's go," Jax called when the raven haired Shadowhunter has yet to move from the door. The eldest Lightwood didn't reply, his face stoic as he gazed outside. Still no words left his lips as he quietly took out his bow and arrows.

Jax already knew what the Shadowhunter was thinking without him having to say it.

"I'm holding them off. Take Clary back to the Institute," Alec ordered the rest, his tone leaving no place for arguments.

The werewolf didn't need to think twice before he stepped up. "If you're staying, then I'm staying."

"Absolutely not," Alec shot back just as quickly and none less fierce.

Jax rolled his eyes. He was getting tired of being excluded from all the fight. Sure, he's not exactly an expert on the knives, but only if they knew half the things he's done before, the murder he's committed. Maybe that would change their views on certain aspects. "You're not my dad, Alec. And even if you were, I've never done a good job at listening to him anyways," he scoffed.

"We're parabatais, we fight together," Jace continued, trying his shot at getting Alec to accept help.

"Don't be stupid. If the demons get the Cup, we're all dead anyways," Alec replied while grabbing an arrow. "Look, the more we stand here arguing like idiots, the bigger the chances of the Cup getting into the wrong hands. Go," he said the last word to Jax, who still had confliction written all over his face.

"I know you guys are having a moment, but we really need to go," Clary said impatiently from behind them.

Jax closed his eyes and he shut his mind off as he listened. With his werewolf ears, Jax could hear the sound of feet thudding against the concrete floor as the demons ran over to where they were. He could hear the hiss and snarl of every demon. There were so many. A lot more than the ones they saw back at the precinct. Alec would never be able to fight them off alone.