On the Hogwarts Express

"Cedric, I can get my own trunk." Hermione said as she tried to persuade her boyfriend into giving her back, her trunk.

"Mimi, this is what boyfriends are for. Don't you know?" Ian winked at her.

Cedric elbowed him. "Oh shut it Ian."

"I wish I had a boyfriend." Ginny said sighing behind them.

"Not if I have a say in it." Ron yelled.

Ginny roller her eyes. "Like you can stop me." She snorted.

Ron's mouth fell open.

"Hey Cedric, Ian!" Someone yelled from ahead.

Everybody looked ahead. It was Robby and his girlfriend.

Cedric, Ian, and Robby did their fist pumps and their manly greetings.

"Mate, where were you all summer?" Robby asked.

Cedric smiled as he looked down at Hermione. As if on cue, Hermione blushed.

"Ah, so you stole him away." Robby teased. "You my friend…" Robby put a hand on Cedric's shoulder.

"Are so horse whipped." He finished. Then ducked just in time as Cedric was going to hit him.

"We have a cabin. It on the third train. You'll know which one it is when you hear an obnoxious voice. It'll be Brice's. Don't be strangers you two." He said to Ian and Cedric. " Oh and congrats on Head boy Ced, didn't see that coming at all." Robbie said beginning to leave. But then turned around. "Ian, a certain Ravenclaw is looking for you."

Ian physically paled.

They searched for a cabin everywhere. They had stumbled upon Neville along the way. They ended up in the same cabin as Luna Lovegood. To say that with Harry, Ron, Ginny, Neville, Hermione, Luna, Ian, and Cedric in one compartment was overcrowded, was an understatement.

"I can't feel my arm." Ian joked, as Hermione was sitting so close.

"This is really way too crowded." Harry agreed, smooched on either side by Ron and Ginny.

"Well I'll have to go to the Head's Compartment soon." Cedric said pulling Hermione closer to him much to Ron's discomfort.

"You two should hang out with your friends." Hermione said. She looked pointedly at Cedric. "They probably miss you. You guys didn't get to hang out at all."

"Nah they're fine." Ian said scooting over. Since he finally had room to. "Ced and I will be stuck rooming with them for the next many months. We can use the space between us for a little while longer."

Hermione shook her head. Then looked around. What an odd bunch they made.

An awkward silence fell on the compartment as Neville looked nervously at Luna Lovegood whom was reading the Quibbler upside down.

"Are you reading that upside down?" Ian asked when he peered at last, at the other occupant of the compartment.

"Oh yes." Luna answered looking up from her magazine.

Ian blinked, and then blinked again. "Cool, I tried to perfect that skill but it never went very far." He smiled as he leaned back.

Hermione looked to her left at him then at Cedric.

Cedric had his palm to his forehead as he just shook his head incredulous at his best friend. "Ian, you're a goofus." He said plainly.

Hermione gave a slight giggle. Then another as did Ginny. Harry smiled not sure what else to do. Luna even gave a smile.