Chapter 11

Calpurnia Concert

Rough Trade NYC

Jan 12th, 2018

The Nomad Hotel:

Manhattan, New York

Room 415:

3:30pm

"So do you think you would be down to do that" Finn asked into his cellphone while he sat relaxing in the suite the rest of the band, Quincy, and Nick all were staying in.

"Yeah def, I'll see you later tonight for it" The voice answered back

"Ok perfect, I'll see you later then" Finn said as he hung up the phone and glanced around the giant hotel suite that he had found himself in. Before he got the chance to think what to do next Jack, Malcolm, and Ayla came running in from the bedroom with grins on their faces.

"Finn, dude, this place is insane" Jack exclaimed as he continued inspecting the living room area of the hotel room that was filled a L shaped leather couch sectional and on the other side was a couch that could pull out into a bed if need be.

"Yeah seriously though, at least no one will have an issue of finding somewhere to sleep tonight" Malcolm added in knowing the after party would surely be one to remember.

As they all continued to inspect the room Ayla walked over and sat down next to Finn on the leather couch, she gave him an inquisitive look as she couldn't hold the question in any longer.

"So did you talk with them? Are they going to be able to do it?" Ayla inquired, hope bleeding through into her voice as she asked.

Finn tried to keep a straight face for as long as he could which initially worked as Ayla's smile suddenly sunk as she realized that it wouldn't happen until Finn couldn't take it any longer and busted out laughing at her as he leaned back into the couch clutching his ribs.

"Yes Ayla, They..sa..said they cou..could do it" Finn managed to get out in between fits of laughter as Jack and Malcolm joined in as they glanced over to see the comical shocked look on Ayla's face at being duped.

"You are such a dick Finn" Ayla said as she fought a losing battle with the grin that was making its way on to her face.

"That's not true! Anyways we should all probably start moving our gear out, so we can head to Rough Trade and start getting set up. It'll probably take us a little bit of time since a slightly bigger venue then where we usually play."

The other three nodded their heads in agreement as they started to move back into the bedroom to grab their equipment they will need for the show, luckily for Malcolm that isn't much because he had his drum set dropped off earlier in the day, so he helped Jack and Ayla carry whatever they needed carried.

Just as Finn was about to head into the bedroom to grab his things he felt his pocket vibrating, as he picked up his phone he noticed Caleb was calling him. He swiped on his phone and put it to his ear, "Hey Caleb what's up?" Finn asked as he slowly walked into the bedroom sitting on one of the beds.

"Yo Finnlard, Gaten and I are already in the city hanging out and running around doing stuff. We are waiting for Sadie to get in, apparently she is taking the train in with her parents from Jersey, so we are gonna meet her at Penn Station and then head down to Rough Trade." Caleb explained his grand plan to Finn as him and Gaten were walking around Central Park.

Finn leaned back on the bed remembering they could just get picked up by Nick and Quincy,

"Hey Caleb, you guys can just get scooped by my brother and ride with him to Rough Trade, I'm gonna leave your tickets with him anyways so you might as well right?" Finn explained hoping that plan made sense enough.