027

Elijah Gracia

"Bowling?"

"I'm not good at that."

"Even better. I'll teach you."

Sammy turned giving me an eye, "why the sudden urge to become a teacher?"

"Nothing. I just want to go out." I affirmed relaxing back on the booth.

"Then why didn't you go with that group from school? They invited you and-"

"-with you." I added since I had to spell everything out. Kch and he's the smart one.

Sammy didn't say anything and just turned back to his big textbook, "I-I want to study."

I groaned kicking my legs out in front of me. "Ooo Sammy..."

He smiled, "how adorable."

"See I'm adorable, go out with me," I pleaded clutching unto his hand although my real plea was-- go on a date with me.

He sighed, "let's finish geometry."

I groaned, "geometry should go fuck itself. Come on, this is literally the only time you're free. Stop playing hard to get."

He turned to me his mouth hanging open with an amused look. "Me, playing hard to get?"

I nodded, "Yeah I mean just because I like you, best friend, I'm willing to spend my precious time with just you. You should be honoured."

He looked at me for a moment before turning back to his book. "Geometry first."

I hit my on the table. Sammy is just too stubborn.

*--*--*

Bowling was great. I always knew I was a genius. Only a genius could come up with such great date idea.

Unfortunately Sammy wasn't a complete fail at bowling. But he wasn't an expert either so I still got to teach him. And teaching him meant holding him, being close, that was all that mattered.

"Oh my, would you look at that. Four perfect scores, man I'm good." Sammy said pumping his fist into the air.

"All credits go to me, the great teacher." I countered bowing with a smirk.

"Shut up, that was all me."

I shook my head, "teens be ungrateful."

He stuck his tongue out to me, "Grandpas be humble."

"Me? Grandpa? You'll pay for that." I said glaring at him. Playfully of course.

"Yeah? what you gonna do?"

"Nothing here. Too crowded." I replied.

He laughed, "that's what I thought."

We played some more before it started turning dark and we had to go home. I wish the chem lab would go on fire again tomorrow so we would be released early from school and I can get to spend more time with Sammy. However, when I parked at my house, an idea struck. A good one.

"Sammy, my parents are both gone out of town." I told him holding unto the steering wheel.

He turned to my house, looked at it, then opened the car door to get out. "Sucks to be you then."