0.9

*

*

Eleanor spent every free moment she had at Emily's house. She always managed to have a good time with her and the wolf pack - even if Jacob and Bella were never with her. The two always managed to find things to do without Eleanor.

In fact, she hadn't hung out with Bella, properly, since finding out about Jacob being a wolf. She wasn't particularly mad at her friend for ditching her - in fact, she was happy Bella was still acting like her normal self.

The door that lead into the kitchen burst open, and Eleanor lifted her head to meet Jared and Paul's stares. Jared took a seat at the table, before turning to the girls. "Harry and Charlie went out hunting today."

"How do you know that?" Eleanor questioned, and leaned her back against the counter. Her and Emily were currently making brownies and chocolate chip cookies for the pack.

Embry and Sam walked into the house before Jared had the chance to respond. Embry took the next seat at the table, while Sam made his way over to Emily. Jared opened his mouth again. "Jacob told us."

Eleanor and Emily hummed. The timer on the stove went off, and Eleanor grabbed an oven mitt. She opened the stove and grabbed the pan of brownies out. "The cookies will be done in a few minutes."

The boys let out a jumbled chorus of excitement and Eleanor rolled her eyes. Never in her life had she met anyone who ate nearly as much as the pack. Though, she did find it quite amusing.

Eleanor placed the brownies on a plate on the table, just in time for Jacob to walk in. He looked somewhat alarmed, and Eleanor narrowed her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Have you seen Bella?" He asked.

Eleanor wiped her hands together, before crossing her arms. "I thought she was with you."

He narrowed his eyes. "I was out looking for the leech. I thought she was with you."

Over the past two days, Bella hadn't been with Jacob. Of course, he was hunting Victoria along with the rest of the pack, but he hadn't been able to make too much time for her. Ever since Jacob had found out that it was Bella she was after, he hadn't stopped trying to stop the redhead.

Before Eleanor could say anything else, the home phone began to ring. Sam reached over Emily and grabbed it. "Hello?"

The pack turned their attention on their alpha as he talked to the person on the other line. Eleanor's brows furrowed as Sam's expression turned to one of sadness. He swallowed harshly.

"Thank you, Charlie."

Sam hung up the phone and turned to the pack. "Harry Clearwater just had a heart attack."