1.0

*

*

Trees passed through Eleanor's sight in a blur as she sped down the road. She drove like a mad woman but she didn't care. At that moment, her only thought was Carlisle.

The drive to the Cullens' felt longer than usual, and Eleanor was growing impatient. Her foot pressed down the gas further, pushing the car into a faster pace. The sight of their drive came into view, and her heart began to pump faster.

Eleanor whipped the car into the driveway, and sped down it. She had barely put the car into park before she was out and running up the steps. The lights reflected on the ground outside the house, showing signs of life in the once dead house.

Her eyes were still shining with tears, and she reached up to rub her eyes again, but to no avail. It didn't matter if she was still crying anyway. She didn't care about her appearance. Carlisle was home.

Eleanor pushed the front door open, and rushed into the house. She turned in the family room, and stopped in her tracks. Her breath caught in her throat when she saw him. It was like he was waiting for her; he was standing in the middle of the room, staring right at Eleanor with a large, beautiful smile on his face.

She let out a sharp breath, and ran straight at him. Carlisle opened his arms, and Eleanor jumped right into them. She pressed her lips onto his, desperately trying to bring him closer to her.

Carlisle pulled away from Eleanor, and leaned his forehead on hers. Eleanor let out another cry as a tear fell out of her eye, "you came back."

"I promised, didn't I?" He asked.

Eleanor let out a small laugh, before letting her lips connect with his again. Carlisle wrapped his arms tighter around her waist, enjoying the feeling of her in his arms again. However, in an instant, Carlisle let go of her and the moment was over.

Eleanor looked up at him, a flash of confusion crossing her face. His eyes met hers for a brief moment, drinking in her appearance as if he were seeing her for the first time. Then he motioned behind her.

She spun around, grinning when she caught sight of the rest of the Cullen family - minus Edward and Alice. Eleanor left Carlisle's side, and headed straight for the group of three. Emmett stepped forward and pulled her into a hug. El held her eyes tightly shut as she hugged him. The two didn't need words.

With another squeeze of her shoulder, Emmett let her go. Eleanor turned to Rose and offered her a small smile. Rose rolled her eyes, before pulling Eleanor into a brief hug. El's eyes widened in surprise at the short hug, but nonetheless she accepted it.

She turned to Esme next, and instantly enveloped the woman into her arms. Esme held Eleanor tightly, and swayed the two of them back and forth, "we all missed you so much, El. Carlisle was a mess."