Chapter 16

It didn't take long for me to reach the school as I quickened my pace whenever I could. I soon spot Susie by the gate, watching as her smile drops to a confused expression as she spots Ben walking close behind me. I quickly run to her and rush into the school as fast as I could, dragging her with me. I run down the halls, taking turn after turn. The corridors getting quieter and quieter the deeper we went. Checking behind me to make sure Ben wasn't following. He was nowhere to be seen. Soon enough we take the stairs into the basement where nobody went down. It was more so of a room that only Susie and I knew about so he shouldn't find us in here. I finally let her go and we couldn't help but pant heavily through running so fast.
"What's.. what's going on?... why was that guy, from yesterday following.. following you?"
Susie asked between pants and puffs of breath. I felt bad as she was slightly asthmatic but luckily she had her pump so she wastes no time in pulling it out to steady herself.
"Sorry.. I just needed, to get away from him.. my parents hired him as my tutor. But he's also being paid to follow me around and he is even my roommate now.."
I sigh as I lean against the wall and slowly slide down against my back until my rear touches the cold cement floor. Susie walks over to me and kneels down in front of me with an expression to say she felt bad for me but was also slightly confused.
"But I thought your parents didn't even want you to have a boyfriend. Or even a friend who is Male. So why get a Male to follow you around AND share a room with you when you dont even know him?"
I shrug harshly, jagging my shoulders with big movements to show the real confusion I felt in my mind. Susie sighs and sits back to cross her legs in front of her.
"What are you gonna do about Jakob?-"
"Who's Jakob?"
A voice suddenly appeared from in the room. Both Susie and I jump to our feet in shock, our hearts pounding as we search for the voice source. But I eventually found it. Ben was leaning his back against the wall in the shadows before slowly emerging with a smirk across his face.
"Ben?! How did you find us down here?!"
He chuckles as he comes closer to us. Susie reaches out and holds my hand, squeezing it tightly to which he notices. His eyes seemed to squint a little with what seemed like anger but they soon returned back to his sly grin.
"I'm being paid to watch over you remember?-"
"Yeah but how did you know we're we're down-"
"Oh look at that! Time for class!"
He interrupts as he grabs my arm and begins to drag me out of the basement. Taking Susie with us as she still held onto my hand.

Once we were out of the basement, I yank my arm harshly out of his grip. Causing him to stop and look behind my with raised eyebrows.
"Don't touch me."
I snap as I hurry in front, still holding Susies hand as we make our way to class.