Late Night Talks

I wrap the last bandage around Rick's hand, looking up at him. "Alrighty, Rick the Brick."

He gives me a weird, confused look. "What?"

"I don't know, I'm really tired and I just said the first thing that popped into my head." I reply, standing up, feeling stupid for the crap I say per usual.

Rick shakes his head, laughing. "Okay, Ally the Valley."

"First thing that popped into your head?" I guess, a smile on my face.

Rick nods. "Yep." He sits back on the couch, resting his back. "Thank you, by the way."

I nod. "No problem. I guess I just picked up some things, because I spent a lot of time with Her-" And then I stop myself.

Hershel.

Hershel is dead.

Rick looks away, probably having a flashback to when the Governor chopped off his head, because I was too. A horrible man killed a kind a man. And it should have been the other way around. But then... would he still be kind?

I ask myself that question every day.

"Hey." Rick says softly, gaining my attention. "We're gonna be okay."

I nod, biting my lip. "We're gonna be okay." I agree.

That night we took shelter in that house. There were two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs Carl, Hunter, and I soon discovered. Rick decided to sleep on the couch he was already sitting on, because he didn't want to move and hurt himself even more; which I didn't blame him, he was in pretty rough condition.

Just as we were about to head upstairs for bed, Rick stopped us, talking to us from his place on the couch. "Hey. Sleep in separate beds. Got it?"

Carl rolls his eyes, groaning. I elbow him in the stomach, not too hard, nodding at Rick. "Yes, sir."

"Plus they'll have Hunter with them." Michonne comments. "Now they can't do anything." She smirks at us.

"It's not like we were going to." Carl states, annoyed.

Rick and Michonne exchange a glance, chuckling. "Good night."

"Night." The three of us say before heading up to bed, Hunter not saying anything, clutching my hand. He's grown very fond of me since we've been with Rick and Carl. I think he's still adjusting to all the new people he barely even knows, so he's just sticking with me.

Michonne goes to one room, and Carl, Hunter, and I go to another. We get what looks to be a kids room. There's two smaller beds in each corner of the room. Hunter doesn't want to be alone, so I slip in bed with him on the right, and Carl gets into the bed on the left.

"You comfy?" I ask Hunter.

He nods, pulling the blanket we're sharing up to his chin and turns on his side, facing me. "Are you?"

I nod, smoothing his bangs out of his face. "Get some sleep, k?"

"Okay." He whispers, closing his eyes. "Good night, Ally."

"Good night, Hunt."

I put my head on the pillow, turning on my side to look at Carl. He's laying down, facing me, resting his head up on his hand. He's smirking at me, and won't stop. I raise my eyebrows at him, giving him a small smile.

"What?" I whisper so I don't disturb Hunter.

He shrugs. "You're cute."

I roll my eyes, smirking. "Shut up."

He smiles, taking a deep breath. "I missed you."

I smile back. "You too."

"I didn't think I was going to ever see you again."