- 77 -

Yoongi smiled, hearing Jimin's melodic laugh. Nothing felt better for Yoongi than to see his Chim Chim happy and contented.

It had been four days since they decided to stay in the younger's apartment. During those days, Y and Z had been coming in and out, what with their business trying to fix Alpha Centauri. Despite that, Z has still been around almost all day as if he was not doing anything mission-related.

Yoongi understood. The man was trying to make up for all the lost time with Jimin. His son, of course, was more than happy. Jimin no longer had that frown on his face that never seemed to go away when they had been trying to find the Data. He was simply...happy.

His eyesmile was the only thing Yoongi needed to live.

The younger boy had shared with him his thoughts about his dad. How he was so happy to have him back, to be able to talk to him again, to be able to hug him again. Jimin simply could not believe the fact that his father was there and alive. But Yoongi fully understood. Having to believe that your father is dead for almost five years, and trying to will the pain away each day, was not easy.

This was probably the best thing that happened to Jimin.

Although Yoongi was pretty sure he was the second best thing that happened in Jimin's life.

Yoongi was simply glad that Jimin had a dad that loved him so much, unlike Yoongi who only suffered shit in his own biological father. He was very, very glad that it was different for Jimin.

"You're doing good at dancing," Z commented while he and Jimin were playing cards.

His boyfriend softly giggled, the sound reminding Yoongi how much he loved Jimin's voice. "It's not that much, Appa! I just do it as a hobby."

"Hmm," Z replied thoughtfully. "I would fully support if you would decide to pursue that path. You're even good at singing. Honestly, it's all from your mom. I dance like I have two left feet."

They both dissolved into fits of laughter and Yoongi found himself smiling wider. He did remember when he heard Jimin sing the first time. They had been in the van and Jimin just suddenly sang, not knowing that Yoongi was listening.

It was...very beautiful.

Even if in another universe Yoongi did not know the boy, he would still fall in love just as hard by just hearing his voice.

He, of course, did not want to Jimin to just focus on their relationship. He knew that Jimin and Z had been apart for a long time and he was letting Jimin spend most of his time with his dad than with him. Sometimes, though, Z would ask him to join them. Those were, least to say, the awkward moments. 

At the corner of his eyes, he saw something glinted. When Yoongi looked down to see what it was, his eyes landed on the plain silver band on his finger. He found himself staring at it.

He had been wearing it the entire time after what happened in the warehouse, and Z did not make any move to get it back from him. As much as he wanted to keep this ring that meant so much to him, it was not his.

Yoongi knew what to do.

===========

Jimin and Z were in the kitchen. Yoongi had asked the help of Jin so that the younger boy would leave and give him the chance to speak to Z.

Waiting around the corner and feigning nonchalance, Yoongi waited until Jimin exited the kitchen. The younger boy spotted him immediately and walked towards him.

"Hyung," Jimin greeted as he leaned to kiss Yoongi on the lips.

Even though it was just a peck, he still felt fluttering butterflies in his stomach. With a smile, he wrapped his arms around Jimin's waist and greeted the younger back. "Babe."