1| I'll keep you in mind.

I knew the first time we met,
you'd be kinda hard to forget.

Adalynn's POV

I sprint towards a stone pillar and reload my glock 20. I huffed in frustration when a few strands of hair loosened from my ponytail. I peek through the side and aim at one of the shooters.

I fire a bullet and smirk when it hits them square in the middle of their forehead. I hear a whistle from their end, and they start to retreat. I scoff and watch them run away like pussies.

I survey my surroundings and no longer see a threat. "Return to base," I say through my earpiece.

I look around and spot my best friend, Mila. She meets me in the middle and grumbles, "What the fuck?"

"Do you know who ambushed the trade? None of them had a specific tattoo or branding." I say, following Mila towards the car.

"There's been talk about a new gang in town. They call themselves Mayhem." Mila says, getting in the car.

I buckle up and ask, "Did you identify any of the people we were shooting at?"

"No... But I feel this isn't the last time we'll have an encounter with them." She says, feeling annoyed. Great!

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I wake up to my blaring alarm and quickly turn it off. I swear you just closed your eyes a few minutes ago! I sit up on my bed and lean against my headboard. Do you think my parents will let me skip the first day of school? Funny, now get ready.

I sigh and get out of bed. I walk into my bathroom and start getting ready. Why is it so freaking cold in the morning?

Outfit:

I trudge down the stairs and see my parents in the kitchen

I trudge down the stairs and see my parents in the kitchen. I pull a stool out and sit at the breakfast bar. My mom kisses my forehead and says, "First day of school!" 

"I miss summer," I say grumpily.

My dad slides me a plate of blueberry pancakes, and I mumble, "Thank you."

While pouring syrup on my pancakes, my dad asks, "Did you secure the weapon shipment?"

I sigh and respond, "No... We got ambushed by a new gang, and they took the weapons with them."

"Which gang?" My dad asks.

"Mila told me they're called Mayhem. New in town." I say, almost finished with my breakfast.

When I finish chewing, I grab my plate and place it in the sink. I run back up the stairs and brush my teeth. Then, I grab my backpack and walk toward the garage.