Being Honest

I've been in Italy almost a month now and life couldn't be better. Seeing Staveno everyday and knowing I'd be falling asleep in his arm's at night made my heart do flips. Work on my magazine had already begun. Staveno hired the best interior decorator and seeing my style come to life before my eye's filled me with pride. Everything I explained to her she brought to life.

Her name was Magna and we quickly became friend's. It was nice having female compainship so soon in a new place. I looked forward going to work everyday so we could chat about well, what girl's chat about. Occasionally we would venture out for lunch or a brief shopping trip.

At the end of the day I would come home to Staveno and my life felt complete. I was fully satisfied in every aspect. Staveno loved me well, treated me like a princess. We haven't even had the tiniest bit of a squabble. Everything was perfect. The only thing that weighed on my mind was the entire baby thing. At least twice a week Staveno broached the subject but I always managed to divert his attention elsewhere.

Since I've became so involved in my work and getting my magazine up and running I feel having a child right now would be a burden. I know that sounds selfish but the way I'm thinking is it would be even more selfish to bring a baby into this world and not having the time or possibly the want to deal with them. I honestly don't think I'm mommy material, at least right now anyways. Maybe later once my magazine doesn't require most of my time I'll feel different. As for now I make sure I never miss a pill because I know Staveno is trying hard.

Then the day finally came where Staveno wouldn't let me off the hook. I knew it was coming and I should've been better prepared. I hadn't been home from work long and Staveno was in his home gym working out. I enjoyed peeking in at him flexing those muscles. Before I tore my eye's away I smiled to myself. I had really grabbed myself such sweet eye candy. I made my way to the kitchen to begin our dinner. Pulling out a green pepper I begin chopping it for a salad. As I was dicing it I felt an arm snake around me. "Ummm..love" he said squeezing me back against his sweaty chest.

Smiling I just nuzzled my face into his arm feeling his tight muscles from his recent workout. "You have a good workout?"

Staveno nodded. "You have a good peep show?"

I whirled around and popped him with the dish cloth. "How did you know?"

"You can't sneak up on me love. Now let me shower and I'll be down to help". He said giving me a quick kiss.

After we ate we went to sit on the verandah with a bottle of wine. Our conversation started off as usual. We discussed our day. I told him how the magazine was coming along and he told me he was thinking of opening a new club. Eventually we quieted down and I leaned back into him to watch the sun set. "Jacey?"

"Yes babe". I said running my thumb along his hand.

"When do you plan on stopping your birth control". He asked.

My insides shook and I felt myself tense up. I couldn't continue to just play along or try and avoid the topic anymore. Taking a deep, calming breath, I turned to look at him. "Staveno I'm just not ready. I'm trying to get my magazine going and just don't have the time".

I could see the disappointment in his eye's and I felt terrible. "You will be hiring help soon love and I'll help you. We can always hire a nanny as well. You don't have to give up work". He said trying to make it sound so simple.

I shook my head. "I know Staveno, I just think now's not the time. The magazine is stressful enough and I'm not willing to add more stress on".

"Love, please. I promise you I'll take all your stress away. I'll get up at night with the babe. I'll make it easy for you".

I was becoming irritated with his persistence and said a bit snappish. "No Staveno. It's my body and to be honest I don't think I'm cut out to be mommy. The very thought sends my skin crawling. Right now my career is my baby and will be for the next few year's. I'm sorry but that's how I feel. I'm not saying never, just not right now. Besides we aren't even married".

"Is that what you want Jacey? You want me to".

"Don't you dare Staveno". I said angrily cutting him off. "Don't you ask me to marry you simply so I'll have a baby. My answer would be the same either way".

"Just think about it". He kept on.

"God". I screeched jumping up. "I have thought about it and it's a no. Why can't you understand that? Why must you have a baby now... Gawd".

I said and stomped off to our room. I was asleep before he came to bed. The next morning he was already gone. Once at work I talked Magna into breaking for a coffee. We walked to a nearby cafe. I just needed a ear and another perspective. I spilled the entire story as she listened intently.

"I think your right JJ." She agreed. "After all it's you who has to carry and deliver. It's your body that will undergo changes. Stick to your guns girl".

I nodded and thanked her. "It's okay JJ. Trust me, I know exactly how Staveno can be".

"You do?" I asked scrounging my eyebrows together.

"Yes, we've actually went out a few time's. Nothing serious though so relax". She giggled.

Suddenly I hated her. I had told her about our bedroom adventures, confided in her just now and I find out that he hired his ex to do my decorating. Livid was to easy of  a term to use. "Excuse me Magna". I said walking out.

Once home I marched right into his office not caring what he was in the middle of. He was on the phone discussing business and signal one moment to me. Fuck that I thought as I stormed over and punched the receiver down disconnecting the call. "Jacey". He barked confused.

"Tell me about your little girlfriend Staveno?" I seethed.

"What?" He said completely clueless.

"Oh don't even. You said you hadn't dated anyone since your wedding. Seems you forgot to tell me about Miss Magna?" I snarled.

"I didn't date her or anyone else". He said.

"That's not what she said".

"Look I may have took her out a few time's for dinner but it was nothing".

"Did you sleep with her?" I growled.

Staveno remained quiet.

"Oh my God, you did". I wailed tugging my hair from the top of my head.

"How could you hire your ex or bed buddy or whatever the he'll she is to do my decorating. You knew I had been going off with her, making friend's yet you didn't tell me?" I said spinning in circles.

"I didn't think it would be a big deal. She does good work and I wanted you to have the best". He defended himself.

I shut my mouth tight and screamed inside my throat. "Using Magna and the word best in the same sentence really isn't a good idea right now". I cringed.

"Let me guess she decorated this place too?"

"It doesn't matter". He begin but I blew up.

"Yes the fuck it does. Are you still screwing her?" I questioned.

At that Staveno stood and raced around the table. In a loud voice he bellowed. "Enough. Get a hold of yourself Jacey. It was long ago and I didn't think it would cause a problem".

"Well it did, a huge fucking problem". I said stomping out.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Away from you right now. Maybe I'll call my ex and have him come mow the lawn or wash your car". I snapped and walked out.

I walked out the front door, down the long drive and out onto the road. I had no clue where I was going I just knew I needed to not see him right now.