Chapter 9: Myths and Facts

Chapter 9

Athena's POV

Let's recap shall we...

"Athena you're a Goddess..." 

Those were the words of Director Nick Fury, 

Did I panic? Yes. Did my dad have a heart attack... he came close. 

I can't begin to explain how I feel about it yet. Basically my whole life has been a lie, in a way. I knew I was something out of the ordinary, but I never imagined that I wouldn't be human. What also bothers me is that SHIELD doesn't know much information about me or why I was brought to Earth. Supposedly, I'm from another dimension or planet, which I still can't comprehend. All they know is myths and legends about me from texts that are centruies old. Not even much of my history is told, only that I am one of the many children of Zeus. 

Can you even believe that, my real dad is the God of the heavens, thunder and whatever else he does. 

According to SHIELD human Greek mythology that we know, are just myths, some of the stories are true and some aren't. The reason why SHIELD thinks I'm this 'goddess' is because of some other myths and legends state that Athena was born to Zeus and Metis, supposedly a Titan. Metis was one of the wives of Zeus who conceived a child with him. Somewhere down history records with legends, 'Athena' was named the protector of Earth when she was born, the reason why is because as a power she was given to handle it's elements. Air, Water, Earth, and Fire. Which I can do, and as the protector of Earth, I live in it... I think. SHIELD is working on getting me and my dad more answers. 

I had many questions for my self. I know I shouldn't worry about it, but I am, it's stressing me out. It's not everyday a hidden government angency tells you you're a goddess. 

Other then this "Goddess' news, my dad and I have gotten closer, he finally showed me the letter and basket and everything that came with me the day I was dropped off. 

"Is--is that gold?" I said examing the basket, if it was even a basket, it was solid gold. 

"Yeah it is, these were your baby covers" he said handing me a silk blanket that was made of white and gold along with what I wore on that day. 

"Wow..." I said trying to take all of it in.

"If you ask me, it all looks to be made for someone better then a queen..." he said. 

I knew exactly what he meant, it was made for a Goddess. 

"I can see what" I said going over everything he had given me. 

"And this..." he said handing me the letter. The letter I've been wanting to read for years.

"Read it" my dad smiled. 

I took it carefully in my hands and I felt the papers soft texture, I opened it slowly to see what it revealed. I was suprised it was only a short paragarph, not even much. 

Athena, 

         In time you will understand, right now you are just a couple of week's old. Don't you ever think that your parents abondoned you, they wanted you to be safe. Safe from the danger that's happening. We know you will grow up to be a wonderful lady, and you will develop the powers that you were blessed with at birth, but don't be afraid. For now this planet is where you are safe, where in the future you will protect. Stay true to yourself, you are a blessing.

Your Guardians,

Olympians, 

I was completly shocked, this letter just confirms everything SHIELD said. 

"Dad--Dad!" I started to panic, but in a good way, "This--this--"

"Confirms now who you are" he finished, "I didn't understand it either, till now" 

The keywords in this letter are: Powers; Earth, which I'll be protecting; and Olympians. 

Athena, the Goddess that SHIELD was explaning to me couldn't be another but me. This letter just proves a lot with only a few sentences. I didn't like how it wasn't as descriptive as I wanted it to be, but at least it was something. 

"Why didn't you say anything when Nick was talking to us?" I said, "Why didn't you show him the letter?"

"Because, you deserved to see it first, what the eye patch dude said and by reviewing this again, it confirms it, my baby is goddess" he said pretend crying.

"Dad! Stop! I don't even believe it my self" I laughed. 

"But you are, see, I always knew you were special" he said and gave me a hug, "I just want to know why me?"

"What do you mean?" I said breaking away from his hug. 

"Why my doorstep? I wasn't much of a father to you when you were a kid Nina" he said sadly. 

"Dad, we've been over this, you lost mom, it wasn't just hard for me to get over, and neither for you, what matters is that I love you and you are the best dad, and maybe because you and mom were so happy together, the both of you needed me in your lives" I laughed softly. 

He laughed, "Well whatever those Olympians or Gods or whatever they are, I thank them for dropping this beautiful girl on my doorstep, I couldn't imagine a life without my princess" 

It doesn't matter if I'm this Goddess or not, I'll still be the daughter or 'princess' of Tony Stark no matter what. 

************************************

Hi guys! Not much info, but I'm not going to release everything in one chapter, as the story goes on, you will know more things about Athena and all of this mystery. Thank you all for your votes and comments, I really apreacite the feedback! So let me know what you think!

Comment and Vote!

Thanks!