CHAPTER 28: Tell Me Everything

VANESSA

I leaned against the door, waiting for Adrian to notice my presence. I should have probably escaped out of there but then again if I had been that smart, I wouldn't even have opened the door, after the crash that I had heard.

The employee apologised again, asking to make it up to Adrian but I knew he was wasting his time. By now anyone would have known, when Adrian sets his mind to do something, nothing and no one can ever contradict him. With a final angry glare, Adrian dismissed him and the guy walked out of the room, past me, his head hung down in disapproval.

I felt really bad for that guy. I hoped that Adrian had a good reason for this. He couldn't just fire people, especially before Christmas just because he was trying to vent out his anger and got satisfaction in their hopelessness, right? Wow! Because that would be really dark!

"What do you want?", Adrian said icily, drawing my attention to him.

Yeah, I should have run away. I realised that now!

"We...um...kind of have a meeting in about...", I said as I looked at my watch, " twenty...fi...four minutes."

"Then why are you here? You should wait outside.", He continued irritably.

"I...er...", I desperately tried to find the right words but my heart was racing. He has been angry before but right now his voice was dripping sheer frustration and that wasn't even the worst part.

The worst part was that unlike any other day, he wasn't looking at his laptop as he spoke, instead his complete attention was towards me. His icy blue stare could slice right through my soul and it was doing a tremendous job at intimidating the shit out of me right now.

Honestly, I felt a bit scared. This was somehow even worse than the sauna incident. I wondered what was making him so angry.

I carefully walked inside the office room, avoiding any contact with the shattered glass in the middle of the room or the fallen file rack in the corner of the room, with papers scattered across the carpet, that I hadn't noticed before.

Adrian walked over to me, the decreasing distance raising my blood pressure. If I were older, I would have already had a stroke.

He stood at about a feet from me, crossing his arms and scanning me up and down, making my extremely conscious. I should definitely have run away when I had the chance!

"I was hoping that we could talk about the Nate issue.", I lied. I just came there to loiter around in his office like I had done twice before but at that time, it wouldn't have been an answer that would satisfy Adrian.

"Would you do me a favour?",Adrian asked.

I raised my eyebrow questioningly. It was hard to avoid any eye contact.

"Get out!", He almost whispered monotonously, trying to prevent himself from lashing out further.

I so didn't expect that!

"Screw you!", I whispered, mirroring his tone and then turned around to make a beeline to the door.

No one gets to speak to me like that ever. And this project, it could go burn in hell! I am so not working with him. He is an arrogant asshole! He...

As I walked towards the door, ranting, suddenly something caught my eye. It was the broken glass pieces. I had not seen it before, perhaps because I saw it from a different angle, but there were red stains along the sharp edges of a few pieces.

Oh no! He didn't!

I turned around and walked over to him demanding, "Show me your hand."

"You are not gone yet?", He asked.